Will it be a duvet day?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

THE SCHOOL IS OPEN TOMORROW, FRI 18th DEC. DO NOT TAKE RISKS TRAVELLING IF WEATHER IS SEVERE, ABSENCE BECAUSE OF SNOW WILL BE AUTHORISED
Here we go again. Not showing DS1 the school web site update, last time they walked two miles home rather than two hundred yards to school when the bus gave up. :roll:

I have the sledges ready in the Land Rover :) we will hit the local slope (Bugs Bottom, yes really) at 5 am for a bit of fun before school....school ain't gonna happen. :lol: :lol:

steve

PS Just noticed I am posting in Bucks, it was the first snow I could find on the search. :lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I have moved Steve's post to a new thread, just in case anyone didn't notice that he had attached it to a thread from last February's snow days!

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=9030

My money is on a duvet day. :D It is snowing fairly limply at the moment, but the forecast is for the most snow to fall around 6 a.m.

I will look forward to similar witty postings to those of last year from certain Heads on the Bucks CC website.

S-A
guest666

one down already

Post by guest666 »

Stony Dean School 18 December 2009 As the forecast is for heavy snow and freezing temperatures overnight, many of our staff and all our pupils travel to school, we have regretfully made the decision to close the school tomorrow on Health and Safety grounds
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Guest666

Stony Dean school is usually the "first to declare" on a snow forecast because it is a special needs school. The vast majority of pupils and staff travel in from other areas to attend the school.

Anyone needing information about school closures can go to this link http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/schools/ea_closures.page?, or check their school's website or listen to Fox FM (102.6MHz).

S-A
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Burnham Grannar has just thrown in the towel.
guest666

Post by guest666 »

Looking at the Bucks CC list, looks like hardly any (if any) Bucks school is open today
MrsChubbs

Snow jokes

Post by MrsChubbs »

Sorry to disappoint you Sally-Anne but our witty head won't be posting today as PRS finished yesterday after the staff put on a panto for the kids. :lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Shame on him, Mrs Chubbs! Couldn't he have managed "Snow school anyway"? :lol:
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

We finally have snow-YIPPEE :D

Snow is quite thick but all kids are at school, wonder if I will get a call to say pick them up early so all the teacher's can get home? Who know's!
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

guest666 wrote:Looking at the Bucks CC list, looks like hardly any (if any) Bucks school is open today
Our school is open ... when it closed in February this year parents complained about it closing (many teachers live locally), so this time the Head has decided to open the school. I have no problem with this! But the same parents who complained about it closing in February are now complaining the school's open :x

The saying "damned if you do, damned if you don't" comes to mind :roll:
Heartmum x x x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now