Waiting Lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Midget Man and Cats - the RLS waiting list moved 4 places last year before appeal outcomes. Regarding the date for the 2nd allocation, you might have to ring up after this as we found it to be something of a moveable feast! You can e-mail though and ask to be told where your child is on the list as soon as the information becomes available. :)
Marylou
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Thanks Marylou, is alway's good to see some form of numbers, is not alot though is it? :lol: Hopefully we'll ber very far up that list!

Now I just have to find something else to focus my mind upon for the next 6 weeks :lol: Any ideas?!
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

thnks Marylou, I know of two others ahead of my DC so will need at least 3 places to be made available - obviously there could be even more ahead of my DC, though we are so near the distance already allocated so still hopeful :)
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Right, now after Midget's non related excited news has finished i am back to thinking constantly about his school place!

Does anybody have figure's for how many(if any) on the waiting list managed to get their school choice of AGS?

4 weeks and 5 day's still to go of torture :cry: :lol:
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Am I right in thinking that Bucks don't even set up the waiting list's until after the 2nd round of allocations?

Anyone have any figure's from previous year's of how many( or if any) from the waiting list's got in? All this waiting seem's to have taken over my life!!
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

I think that those on the waiting list will be told if they have got in on the 2nd round on april 13 - if you don't get in you state whether you want to remain on the list, they then tell you where you are on this list - how long after apr 13 I'm not sure.
What I don't get is why waiting list places can't be compiled after the mar 15 deadline for accepting places, but before apr 13th?
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

They must already have a list immediately after the first allocation, from which to fill places that come up as the forms are returned, in the next allocation. Since you have recently moved, I think you should be included in this list (somewhere near the top if you are in catchment), but don't quote me. It might be worth e-mailing Admissions to check. :)

Cats - good point, that puzzled me too. I think after the next round they more or less offer as places come up until the outcome of appeals, and then as places come up provided the school is not above PAN.

Edited to add: last year's waiting list letter was dated 17th April. I assume this was also when successful applicants were notified. If you request a transfer appeal you will be sent information showing how many places have been allocated and under what criteria, so you should be able to see how far away you still are and whether your position on the list has moved.
Marylou
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

They have already said we are included for 2nd round of allocations and I don't think it is done via the waiting list for that as such. I got the impressions they don't even compile the waiting list till mid April so hence why I assume the waiting list's we talk of are not even included for 2nd round??
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

But if there have for instance been 5 declines at a school by mar 15th and there are 2 people in catchment who missed the 1st round of allocations and they are given a place each on 2nd round day apr 13, would Bucks hold on to 3 other places until mid april or beyond? I think they must have a list - I've agreed to put my DC on one, so why wouldn't they then assign available places according to criteria? 2nd round allocations are surely not just for in-catchment?
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I don't belive it would be an in catchment thing as I guess most if not all in catchment would have already been allocated in 1st rounds.

I don't know what they do in all honesty, just got the impression the list isn't compiled ill mid April. Perhap's it's people who put it as 1st choice??
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now