Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: out of county
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:36 am 

Wonder if anyone of you out there can tell me if there is any chance of people from out of county being able to get a place at dcgs?
I have read on this forum that they now give places strictly on test scores - does that mean you can be out of the county and still apply?
Also, do they ever have any places for year8 or do they get full in year 7 itself?
What other grammar schools would you guys recommend we could try?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:11 am 

Hi mommy

I am afraid that there is absolutely no chance of your son getting a place at Challoners from out of county - at least, not based on past data. There are always a handful of in-county children who cannot get in either.

Places in Year 7 are allocated in the same way as for other Bucks schools - primarily on distance. Score does not enter into it. Places in Year 8 and above are allocated by score (the school sets its own papers), but you have to be in catchment to take the test. There are rarely any vacancies anyway.

Most other Bucks grammars have places for OoC children, so it just depends on where you live as to which one suits you best. In the south/west of the county, Chesham High and Burnham Grammar would be options for you.

Sally-Anne