2nd round allocations looming!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Rose Petal

MM's son was a late application and therefore not included in the first round of allocations on 1st March, i.e. no school place was offered and therefore no appeal could be lodged.

Once she has received a school allocation in the second round on 13th April, she has 14 days to lodge an appeal for the preferred school.

Sally-Anne
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Thanks for clarifying that S-A, I was beginning to panic a little again :lol:

Fingers crossed for myself, Cats12 and mumofboy so far, is anyone else waiting? We have less than a week to go now and let's hope for all of us that it goes on no longer than that :)
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

There is in fact no legal deadline for the submission of an appeal.

Where a date is specified, it is usually so that an appeal can be heard at the same time as most other appeals for a particular school.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... ers.php#a2

Parents are free to submit an appeal at a later date. Sometimes it might even be advantageous (although I wouldn't go so far as to recommend it as a strategy!).
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 345#175345
Etienne
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Thank you very much for you word's of wisdom Etienne, very appreciated to get solid confirmation that I am not too late to appeal if necessary once allocated some form of school :D

Anyone else on here waiting on AGS?
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

Yes, thnks Sally-Anne and Etienne for appeal information, though really not sure about taking that avenue - it seems such a long shot, despite conviction about 1st choice school being the right one :?
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Only 3 day's till we get some form of answer :)
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Well letter's are being sent tomorrow so we'll hopefully find out by Wednesday :D Let's hope there is some good news for Cats, Mumofboy and myself included in those letter's :D
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

Fingers crossed MM. Got a good feeling for your DC - he so deserves it. What will be will be as they say - places will already have names against them. Have already looked up date for next month's allocations in case our wait goes on :) :( :) :(
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Cats12 wrote:Fingers crossed MM. Got a good feeling for your DC - he so deserves it. What will be will be as they say - places will already have names against them. Have already looked up date for next month's allocations in case our wait goes on :) :( :) :(
Oh god, when you put it like that it make's me even more anxious :lol: Knowign that name's are already on those school's make's me just want to know right now :lol: :lol:

Midget is now also getting tired of people asking what school he's going to and having to tell them he has no school yet!
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

Sorry to make you more anxious! Hang on in there :)
I know what you mean about others asking what school DC going to - my DS's friends as oblivious as my DC is at the moment - parents another matter though!