Bucks content

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mike Edwards

Bucks content

Post by Mike Edwards »

Looking to start new project shortly, writing VR papers for Bucks.

I know that Bucks set two papers, 80 questions in 50 minutes. This gives me 160 questions to work with. I know that there are 21 types of questions.

If I write to standard NFER i.e 6/7 questions per type, there will be no allowance for including the same type of question across the two papers.

I know that Bucks tests have greater variety, but assume they have less questions per type.

Can you, or anyone else, advise which types of questions are most likely to be duplicated across the two papers and how many questions per type are on each paper.

Thanks in response of any replies.

Mike
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear mike

It just so happens I have the relevant details to hand.

The 'real' practice papers taken in school are as follows - each paper covers 12 types.

Paper 1 = A C E H J K M O P S U Z

PAPER 2 = A B D E F G I L N Q R Z

Crossovers = A E Z

Crossovers are always Z and 2 others [ variable]

Two years ago bucks introduced a third practice paper Test A the children take this one first followed by 1 and 2. Test A is easier. Tests 1 and 2 are of the same standard as the 'real' thing, according to the LEA

Test A = A E F H J L M N P R S Z

Per paper there are always 2 Z questions the others come in batches of 6 7 or 8

Hope this is helpful.

Patricia
Last edited by patricia on Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Edwards

Post by Mike Edwards »

Dear Patricia

Thank you for the information. We have cross-referenced the Bucks content against our own papers. One set of papers will require three type changes, whilst the other will require four. We are working on formatting the question papers and answer sheets to accomodate these changes. There should be twelve Bucks type papers on the site before the New Year.

Thank you once again.

Mike

Off to Spain to beat some olives off the olive trees, great way to relax and unwind!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now