Bucks 12+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ambridge

Re: 12 plus

Post by Ambridge »

12 plus pass wrote:We went through the 12 plus process and where successful in both result and getting a place at the grammer of our choice. Sibling rule helps in the allocation of places so with Twins that will help. Because we had a sibling at the grammer we knew that there were 6 places ( however children transfering into the county can sit 12 plus and get immediate placement so availible places can change)You will have to approach the upper school in year 7 and apply by Jan 2008, test will be Easter 2008 result May and allocation June and transfer is always in the September of year 8. It is a bit of a lottery but it worked for us.
It seems ages away but it has been well worth it for us after the appeal failed we felt numb but you get through.
I've perked up no end since January and recent 12+ thread has got me going! Found this one from last year which is useful.

x
Ambridge

Sorry posted on wrong thread!!

Post by Ambridge »

Forgotten how to post! Meant my post to appear in current 12+ thread, can Forum Admin make them one thread??
Darren

Post by Darren »

Hey ambridge,

Good to see you back and picking up..

I'm sure you will have 12+ success.. Just keep going...

What's the situation on the Prep/Private School. have you decided ?

Darren
Ambridge

12+

Post by Ambridge »

Thanks Darren for remembering me!! I have probably won the prize for feeling miserable the longest after a wretched 11+ result!

Yes we are guns'ablazin - our son has been just great and got his head round going to our local prep school and at the moment he is keen to get good SATS results from current school and a great report from prep school so he can sit the 12+ - but we (husband included!!) have an open mind as to what the future holds. The prep school are fully supportative of our current plans, so I will be trying to find out as much info about THIS system as I can.

Regards
x
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Meant my post to appear in current 12+ thread, can Forum Admin make them one thread??
Hi Ambridge

I agree with you, and this thread is the most informative - the other one is full of chit-chat, mainly about my son's predicament on the 12+.

I'll see what I can do over the next day or so. I've only just become a Moderator, as have many of us, but if one person has to find the "Delete-This-Entire-Forum-and-Website-with one touch" button, I know it will be me!

Glad to hear that you have your options sorted out now.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
Junior

Nfer practice papers

Post by Junior »

Hi all, forgive me if my questions sounds a bit lazy, I am at a remote location and without a bookshop. Question is: Are the NFER(especially) practise papers published yearly and if so are they different (the questions) from prior year? We have exhausted our collection of books from last year for the impending 12+ exams and thinking of purchasing new books. If the questions are the same then there will be no point. We have thought of the CDs but feel at this stage with a couple of weeks to go may not be the most appropriate. How are people preparing in the final weeks of the 12+? Any tips / ideas welcome.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I believe they just reissue with a new cover!!

We used the IPS 10 questions a day to practise swapping types - you could use the demo CD download!

Good luck - we took this route last year - the waiting is agony and then you have to wait again to see if you have a place - more schools have them this year as the cohort was smaller.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now