Induction Day!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
heartmum

Induction Day!!!

Post by heartmum »

Hope all our DCs have a great day at their new schools :D

My DD was very excited, but extremely nervous - was awake and dressed by 7:00am :shock: (which for my DD is very unusual) - however she'll need to get used to it for when she starts in September :roll: and then she'll have to be at the bus stop by 7:15am to get the school coach!!! :shock:
Heartmum x x x
Midget Man

Re: Induction Day!!!

Post by Midget Man »

Blimey, she was up and dressed early!! Midget on the otherhand is usually awake by 6.30, but he didn't get up till 7.20am :shock: All was fine till we got to reception and then he felt a little nervous bless him. He's in Phillips house so p.e. polo t-shirt will be red and he'll be studying spanish this first year.

Hope all newbies are having a great day :D
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

I won't know what house my DD will be in till she comes home later. She hopes to do Spanish also - will have to wait and see!!!

Did you get caught up in the traffic chaos :shock: this morning at the schools? - Glad I won't be doing that each day in September - horray for the school coach!!! :D
Heartmum x x x
andyb

Post by andyb »

I can't believe that we were going through this a year ago!

Induction Day is a fantastic idea as the children get a proper feel for their new school. Hopefully it alleviates some of the first day nerves in September.

I hope all your DC have a brilliant day and come home full of enthusiasm for the next 7 years of their school lives :D
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Midget Man wrote:Blimey, she was up and dressed early!! Midget on the otherhand is usually awake by 6.30, but he didn't get up till 7.20am :shock: All was fine till we got to reception and then he felt a little nervous bless him. He's in Phillips house so p.e. polo t-shirt will be red and he'll be studying spanish this first year.

Hope all newbies are having a great day :D
Jeez, that traffice was awful, even at 9 o'clock :shock: Crawled for most of the way, just a good job I had allowed myself double the normal time!!

Rob-Would be great to think each day for 7yrs will see them coming home full of enthusiasm but I doubt it :lol: Hopefully Midget is not laughed at and picked on today due to being so small, that would make me sad :(
andyb

Post by andyb »

Midget Man wrote: Hopefully Midget is not laughed at and picked on today due to being so small, that would make me sad :(
My experience with DS, who is a young Y7 and small, has been that the smaller ones are treated like younger siblings (in a nice way) by the older ones - I think the ultimate acceptance is being given a nick-name by a Y10 which is then adopted by the whole school!
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

Heartmum, my DS was awake at 7 also and dressed without me even knowing until he appeared in the kitchen! Usually up around 8am. He too was nervous last night but seemed ok when we told him it's ok to be nervous. Traffic was awful and we arrived 9.30 on the dot! Mine also will have to be at bus 7.15 each day, but they do get used to it thankfully (need bleary eyed emoticon)

Midget man, I know your son will be absolutely fine and I saw lots of small DCs this morning and no giants either.

Hope they all have fab time :D
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

A good day was had, yay :D Phillips is now the best house to be in so he doesn't mind doing Spanish :lol: :lol: Some YR7 boy's who were acting as buddies were talking about Midget so he went and asked them and it was about his height, but only in so much as one of those boy's were really pleased to see someone smaller than themselve's :lol: :lol: Apparently the food portions were really big too!

Hope everyone else's kiddies enjoyed their inductions today?
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

DS come home v happy and chatty - had great day, loved picking own lunch, met nice friends and said everyone v friendly - even lessons were fun he said :lol:
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Back .... and a very happy DD <<phew emoticon>> ... met lots of new friends and had a lovely time :D :D :D

It was funny at pick up time, on one side of the road you had the girls school, the girls sitting quietly around in groups chatting together and on the other side the boys school, much louder with running around and football playing :lol:

I did ask my DD what is was like to have no boys at school, her response "bliss ... the only drawback is I have to come home to two little brothers!!!" lol - well you can't have everything :roll:
Heartmum x x x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now