Aylesbury High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
heartmum

Aylesbury High School

Post by heartmum »

Just talking to friends today, we can't believe that in just under one month's time our DDs will be going on their Induction Day to AHS :shock: Suddenly time is flying by!!!

With just over 5 weeks left at primary school it's suddenly starting to seem real - I look at my DD and to me she's still my baby but I know that once she starts at her new school she'll suddenly seem to grow up!!!
Heartmum x x x
Cats12

Re: Aylesbury High School

Post by Cats12 »

Hope she has a great day heartmum. My DD did a few years back.
DS got induction day next door around the same time as your DD i think - have told him to enjoy this last half term at primary school (knowing it will never be this easy again!) - he has various events before end of term that make it really special - sports day, yr 6 production, a graduation afternoon and a prom. Can't quite believe primary school nearly over with :) :( :) :( :)
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Well that's it - Induction Day and New Parents Evening done ... roll on 3rd September next :shock:
Heartmum x x x
Morning Glory

Post by Morning Glory »

Heartmum

Glad to see you are still around. DS got through his induction day, although he did have a bit of a wobbly in his transition support the week before and was refusing to go. JHGS have been nothing but supportive. LA rep has requested a meeting with JHGS, Junior School and ourselves, I presume to discuss ongoing support (I have asked for an agenda or objectives of the meeting as it was a little unexpected).

I felt quite emotional when I dropped him off for induction day. I'm sure I will be an emotional wreck in September - pride, emotional exhaustion and the realisation that yes we really did win that appeal :D

Take care

MG
ian35mm

Post by ian35mm »

From the other end of the telescope, it's just beginning to sink in that DD will not be going back in September, having completed her 7 years at AHS.
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

ian35mm wrote:From the other end of the telescope, it's just beginning to sink in that DD will not be going back in September, having completed her 7 years at AHS.
I hope her last 7 years have been enjoyable (if not hard work!!!) ... for me it's an exciting but daunting time as my DD starts a new chapter in her life. :shock:

All she has known is her primary school and the friends she has made there ... suddenly her world is opening up.

For your DD ... who started AHS as a young girl and leaving as a young woman ... she is now starting a new chapter in her life too!

Good luck to all x x x
Heartmum x x x
ian35mm

Post by ian35mm »

Ehnjoyable? Well it's had it's ups and downs. No school is perfect, full of lovely children and inspiring teachers. If we told you half the things that have happened over the last 7 years .........
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

ian35mm wrote:Ehnjoyable? Well it's had it's ups and downs. No school is perfect, full of lovely children and inspiring teachers. If we told you half the things that have happened over the last 7 years .........
:shock: .. roll on the next 7 years for my DD then!!! :roll:
Heartmum x x x
ian35mm

Post by ian35mm »

Oh yes, it's bound to be fun!

My DD went on a trip to CERN.

At the parents evening, one dad asked the question, "Just what are they trying to find out there?'.

The head of physics looked mildy troubled and replied, "Well, you see, they're trying to find out more about, ......... stuff?"
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

ian35mm wrote:Oh yes, it's bound to be fun!

My DD went on a trip to CERN.

At the parents evening, one dad asked the question, "Just what are they trying to find out there?'.

The head of physics looked mildy troubled and replied, "Well, you see, they're trying to find out more about, ......... stuff?"
He could have simply answered "life, the world and the universe" and got away with it! :wink:
Marylou