Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:31 pm 

Was sitting at my desk (working :wink: ) when it suddenly dawned on me ... only 4 weeks' today till my DD starts her new school :shock:

Suddenly the 3rd September seems very near!!! Especially as I've still got to get her hockey boots, PE trainers, shin pads, gum shields, books, pens, pencils etc ........... :shock: and fit in our holiday away!!!

At least her school uniform is purchased (she had better not grow too much!!) ... however have yet to name tag it all!!! :roll:

Aaaahhhhh!!!! :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:24 pm 

heartmum wrote:
Was sitting at my desk (working :wink: ) when it suddenly dawned on me ... only 4 weeks' today till my DD starts her new school :shock:

Suddenly the 3rd September seems very near!!! Especially as I've still got to get her hockey boots, PE trainers, shin pads, gum shields, books, pens, pencils etc ........... :shock: and fit in our holiday away!!!

At least her school uniform is purchased (she had better not grow too much!!) ... however have yet to name tag it all!!! :roll:

Aaaahhhhh!!!! :shock:

congratulations

which school ur DD is going for

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:35 am 

Aylesbury High :D :D :D

I still can't believe that she's going, I still look at her and see a little girl but I know (from speaking to parents with girls already there) that she's going to really grow up in these next few years :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:01 am 

heartmum wrote:
I still can't believe that she's going, I still look at her and see a little girl but I know (from speaking to parents with girls already there) that she's going to really grow up in these next few years :cry:
In the next few months if DS is anything to go by :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:54 am 

Yes, it's amazing our DC are growing up so fast. Hi Heartmum - my panic to start buying for my DD's new school began when another parent had already bought some things in early July! Panic is also due to constant reminder of seeing school wear in stores even before start of the Summer hols! Still got some things to get as have two DC so panic not over yet. Does anyone know where to buy hockey boots as local Sports Direct do not sell them in store?

Will be glad when shopping is over as it's costing an arm and a leg and stressful!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:45 am 

Moving on wrote:
Does anyone know where to buy hockey boots as local Sports Direct do not sell them in store?
Does she need proper hockey boots or would astro-turf football boots do (that's what DS wears). A "real" sports shop would do hockey boots (or maybe even John Lewis) but they won't be cheap!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:16 pm 

Are you sure they still make hockey boots? I think they might be a thing of the past. General astroturf boots should be fine.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:07 am 

Hi Andyb and Mitasol - thanks for your response and you are right about the hockey shoes. I went into JJB and was told that astro turf shoes should do. Also as you said, proper hockey shoes are no longer sold and would be expensive even if I got one from a real sports shop. So I'll pop back to Sports Direct as my DD saw a pair of astro turf shoes that she really likes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:42 pm 

"ditto" 'Moving on' ... just gone and bought DD astro turf shoes.

Just how much money can a person spend on one child when starting a new school :shock: I think I'll worry about that when the cred*t card bill comes in!!! :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:24 pm 

I would recommend 'hockey shin pads' though as they offer more protection around the ankle, but normal footy one's would suffice. Oh and a hockey glove as you'll be surprised how often the ball roles up and smacks them on the hand :(

Now I am panicking! It's 3 weeks and I am still to buy football boots with interchangeable studs for rugby?? pe trainers, school shoes and games socks, oh and also the pens etc etc.
I will make a start on labelling clothes from tomorrow I think!