Difficulty of Tutors Papers 7B to 12B

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

duffymoon

Difficulty of Tutors Papers 7B to 12B

Post by duffymoon »

I downloaded the Tutors Papers 7B to 12B for my daughter to try as she was getting disheartened with Walsh papers. Shes done 7B and 9B so far and has scored really well in them.

I just wondered where in the level of difficulty these papers lie compared to IPS, NFER, Walsh, Daughtrey, etc.

From looking through posts I think they are below Daughtrey (which are close to difficulty of real tests?) but above NFER ?

She has found the Walsh papers hard, getting around 66/80 but is getting 76/80 in the Tutors. They are great as an confidence booster but I'm wondering if they are a tad too easy for her to do at this stage. What do you think.

Can anyone confirm their difficulty level ?

Thanks
patricia

Re: Difficulty of Tutors Papers 7B to 12B

Post by patricia »

Dear Duffymoon

The Tutors are a good middle range of test papers, it should be relatively easy to score 90% plus with these tests.

I would only use Walsh in my sessions a section at a time, discussing as we go along.

I am currently on a countdown to the real tests, using pack 2 of Susan Daughtrey and will follow with GL Assessment [the old shop bought nfer] I would always use GL last, so the children are completing tests which look exactly the same as the real tests. However you must remember to practice HIKNOS [as identified by IPS] in addition cross off the last 5 questions as they contain 85 instead of the normal 80.

Patricia
duffymoon

Re: Difficulty of Tutors Papers 7B to 12B

Post by duffymoon »

Many thanks Patricia for confirming that. I have the Daughtrey papers so will move on to those. I've also got the old NFER's so will look to use those too.

Thanks again.