Bus Passes

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

patricia

Re: Bus Passes

Post by patricia »

Bus passes often arrive late.

It is true what BCC have said, the rules are relaxed, for the first week or so.

Patricia
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Our arrived yesterday (BGS) - lovely photos, the kids are delighted that they have squashed their faces in processing!! :lol:
scary mum
andyb

Post by andyb »

scary mum wrote:Our arrived yesterday (BGS) - lovely photos, the kids are delighted that they have squashed their faces in processing!! :lol:
Ah, yes the squashed face photo - DS has rather a lot of unruly curly hair and consequently looks a lot like Chewbacca in his bus pass picture :lol: !
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Still not arrived today :shock: however got an email from Bucks CC (obviously fed up with all my calls :lol: ) confirming that DD has got a place on the school bus and that her bus pass has 'defiintely' been sent out!!!

I await the 'bus pass' with great excitement :roll: and once again the poor old 'postie' will be getting accosted by me for a letter from Bucks CC :lol:
Heartmum x x x
stats_person

Post by stats_person »

Must admit, I am already assuming they will not arrive in time and will need to "explain" to the bus driver...

I was also told the bus drivers can be new to the job so that should be fun....

I'll need to pre-arrange some sort of secret handshake probably...

I guess we can always get a note from Buck CC in email explaining its being processed...Maybe that is what I'll ask for...

Stats
:)
andyb

Post by andyb »

I really wouldn't worry about the bus pass issue. On DS's bus even if a boy forgets his pass the driver just takes his name and "gently reminds" him to remember it the next day. I know it's just one more thing to worry about when you want everything to run smoothly and be stress free on the first few days but it will be OK :)
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

We still haven't received ours either :? I am not even sure where the bus leaves from or the exact time, think I will have to make a call to Bucks CC!
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Great, the bus stop right outside our house he is not allowed to board on. He has to go up the other end of the village :x
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

What??? How does that work then?
scary mum
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I really don't know. I didn't get much out of them, but I know there is two buses running through our village, one is full and the other not. Would love to know how they allocate them?!! Such a shame that he cannot get on the school bus directly outside our house :? A good job I rang and enquired again today about bus times etc, because I would have just gone outside to be told by the driver the bus is full!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now