Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sir William Borlase ?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:31 pm 

I noticed on the 2010 allocations that all pupils were offered places to Sir William Borlase. I live in OCC and notice that John Hampden is getting more difficult to get in so I will definitely look at SWB. Does anyone know if this is a friendly school, as my son would be coming from rural Oxfordshire - Watlington way. Any info. about the school welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:57 pm 

My son attends Borlase and it is a nice friendly school but as I understand it, the school does not take ooc. The school is undersubscribed this year but they have chosen this rather than take ooc pupils.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:11 pm 

Actually on further thought I think if the school has applications they may have to accept ooc? Historically you could never get an ooc place at SWB but because of the dropping birth rate over the next 3 years this will maybe become a possibility.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:18 pm 

Thanks

I will go along to the open evening and ask about it. I know that most schools like to be full as poss (without being over) due to funding. It is helpful to know that it is friendly. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:33 pm 

MelW wrote:
Actually on further thought I think if the school has applications they may have to accept ooc?

Yes, that is the case Mel. If they have vacant places after all in-county children have been catered for they cannot refuse to take a child simply because they do not live in Bucks. (The Greenwich Judgement.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:30 pm 

Sally-Anne wrote:
MelW wrote:
Actually on further thought I think if the school has applications they may have to accept ooc?

Yes, that is the case Mel. If they have vacant places after all in-county children have been catered for they cannot refuse to take a child simply because they do not live in Bucks. (The Greenwich Judgement.)

This is what I though too