any suggestions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

any suggestions

Post by Guest »

i was just wondering if someone could answer this query (may be patricia). we know there are 2 vr tests going to be for BUCKS and there are 21 types of questions. does anybody has any idea which type of questions are repeated in these tests. i mean there are 80 qesns. in one test so, the types are divided into both test in a particular way or is it just randomly done? actually i am worried about few particular types of qstns i.e. type 15, 18 & 19. so any idea how many of these type will come in each paper.thank you.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

Each paper consists of 80 questions covering 12 types. Both papers will contain 2 Z questions [ child reads some information and answers 1 question based on that info.]

As there are only 21 types, 2 types from paper 1 will be also be used on paper 2, in addition to the Z questions. These crossovers will vary each year, so there is no way of telling which types they are.

The 12 types in each paper will also vary each year.

The questions you are having problems with, have you checked out the TIPS section for advice?

Patricia
Darren

Post by Darren »

Your a long way off and should get to know how to ALL types you are unsure or worried about. Assume they will be covered on either exam or both,

Basically come September You need to know all 21 TYPES well, whatever order you get them.

My daughter struggled with some type also and found others very easy. Everyone is the same.. we like some we hate some.

I just focused more on the ones she struggled with or got wrong.

thanks

Post by Guest »

thank you guys, good advice.
nisahnt

vr qyestion types

Post by nisahnt »

hi patricia it's me again,
yeah this is very interesting to know. just bit confused as you have mentioned that there would be 2 Z type qsns and child needs to answer 1, does it mean he/she is going to have choice to do one only out of those 2. and one more thing for qstns type like WORD-NUMBER CODES/ WORD-LETTER CODE ect. are they going to have a set of 5-6 qstns. i each paper(i hope it make some sense whatever i am trying to ask :? ).thnx.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Download the free IPS sample - that gives you a good idea.

Most tyoes come in batches of 5 or 6.

The Z type are lots of info then one question on it - always leave to last as it take much longer than any other type - you have to answer all 80 questions - so both Z questions need to be answered.

Hope that clarifies!!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Guest55

The students would have to answer both Z type questions if the pass mark was 100%. However with a pass mark lower than 100% Students could actually leave them out, if time was an issue, and still get a pass mark.

Regards

Mike
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes you don't HAVE to answer both Z types to pass - but it'd be silly to not at least guess an answer!