Count Down

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mad?

Re: Count Down

Post by mad? »

monsoon wrote:
mad? wrote:it would be not entirely displeasing if all those parents who 'did it' at the school gates happened to be the ones whose DC 'didn't', would it not? In :wink: some karmic retributive (sic melissa) sort of way...

I wouldn’t wish it for any one.. it may be the parent’s stupidity.. but poor kids.
I agree, and this was an ill timed attempt at humour. That said (in another ill timed attempt at humour), in my experience these are the same children who have been running around boasting about going to grammar school since the test and generally making the other kids feel inadequate and anxious. :wink: Not their fault though, expectations and manners hopelessly mismanaged by said parents IMO.
mad?
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

:roll: I kind of agree...

Very emotional at the min.
I just can’t bare this wait…
Seriously thinking.. will I be able to drive back home without having a break down :)
TheDirector

Post by TheDirector »

My son is wonderfully oblivious to the fact that an envelope will be delivered on Saturday informing him whether has has passed the 11+. :D He (and I) have a sporting commitment all day (though I have to confess to probably asking my wife to open the envelope and phone through the result (before possibly re-sealing)).

An "interesting" Saturday evening might be had (not sure whether that is good or bad). Chances 50/50, but he NEVER says how he does nor do I ask him.

The only potential problem is the danger of a few kids talking at school on Monday. :x
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

Until yesterday she has not mentioned the word 11+. Kids have started to talk at her school and few actually boasting about what their parents are going to buy for them :shock: . I never made her any promises to buy any thing or bribed her, so there is no losing or winning as far as she is concerned. She is still very content, I just hope she will be by end of tomorrow regardless of the outcome.
TheDirector

Post by TheDirector »

I've arranged a trip for all his hard work (REGARDLESS of the result). I always take the attitude that as long as somebody tries their best...............
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

We also booked to go the restaurant at 7... but thinking how am I going to kill the hours in between the 4.30 and 7 PM???
mad?

Post by mad? »

monsoon wrote:We also booked to go the restaurant at 7... but thinking how am I going to kill the hours in between the 4.30 and 7 PM???
in my experience...wine o'clock earlier than usual...good luck, deep breaths, chin up :)
mad?
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

Wine 0'clock sounds like a good idea.. :lol:
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

so the results envelope will be given to the child in school, in case of partner schools if outside county

is this true

and is this same with bucks schools children as well

for non-county/non-partner schools the result may be posted on friday so hopefully delivered on sat, am i correct
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

All correct, Harrow123.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now