When are schools informed of 11 plus results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
monsoon

Re: When are schools informed of 11 plus results?

Post by monsoon »

Hmmm..
Can the Bucks schools/Partner school give the results out before the 26th? Or do they have to wait until the 26th. This is freaking me out as I have an appointment to see the school head (different issue). I am suspect every nose twitches and gestures? I am seriously thinking about cancelling the appointment now.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

monsoon wrote:Can the Bucks schools/Partner school give the results out before the 26th?
Most definitely not - the embargo is incredibly strict, and specifies "the end of the school day on 26th".
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

Thank you Sally-Anne.
I guess I am cancelling my appoitment tomorrow. I can't look through the head teacher's eye... I am paranoid... I know.

Monsoon
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

It depends what time the appointment is. If it is first thing then the Head probably won't have seen the results - they may not even have arrived at the school by then.
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

Wednesday at 12.40... Hmmm.. It can actually wait I suppose. I guess my mind will be all over the place.

Monsoon
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

I now wish my DC didn't say it was an easy paper :(
I now know how does the clothes feel in the tumble dryer 
I cancelled the appointment with the head teacher. I didn't want to see him, so made the phone call. He did sound a bit odd??? Hmmm...

I am kind of going very Pessimistic now... Is it normal? All the negative thoughts are coming into my head now. I can't plan any thing beyond Friday.

I have another DS who will be taking the 11+ in few years time.. I wish I will never have to face this moment again 

Good luck to every one…..

Monsoon..
stresspot

Post by stresspot »

I know how you feel Monsoon. I think this is the slowest week of my life! I have decided that whatever happens I won't be appealing. Dd was on top form on the test days and I wholeheartedly agree with the POV of how the system is about 'suitability' so I have convinced dh that the results will be a true representation of what Dd is suited to in terms of education. This does not mean for one second that I don't care about the result - I actually cried after visiting our first choice GS! Its all I ever wanted for her. But she really is more interested in the fact that Friday is non uniform day! She has even asked if she can still go to the comp if she passes but her friends dont! (I avoided a direct answer there!).
This should probably be on the countdown post but it's gone a bit quiet!
HBShope

Post by HBShope »

DD came home today and said how her class mates have been talking about the results today. The parents have been at every morning for the last couple of days.

She said some children were very confident and think they have passed. I am pleased that all the talk has not got her worried as she feels she has tried her best 8)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now