Appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
manchester

Appeal

Post by manchester »

Sadly, just dipped, 119 and 120, school will support an appeal, any help appreciated.
Complete Novice

Re: Appeal

Post by Complete Novice »

Sorry to hear your news Manchester.

If you go over to the Appeals section further up the page, there is a wealth of excellent advice. If you scroll back to this time last year, there was a lot of information about Bucks appeals. Your DC's scores are so close and with head teacher support, that must surely bode well. I think from memory that the percentage of successful appeals at 120 is about 70% so lots of hope.

Best of luck
CN
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

Just noticed the sticky at the top of the page which has last years appeal statistics which came in at a very encouraging 74% for 120.

CN
Hope

Post by Hope »

Sorry to hear your news Manchester. As CN says have a look at the appeals section it contains invaluable information in the sticky and lots of tips to make the appeal process easier to handle. It helped me no end when we went through this process last year. There are lots of very helpful people on this forum who will give you the wealth of their knowledge.

Best Wishes

Sorry I mean look at the announcments and Q&A section of appeals that's where the info is that will be of help to you, then you can post some more info and get some specific advice for your own case.
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

Sorry to hear your news Manchester. Take encouragement and advice from this forum. From my memory every child at my school in the last two years who got those marks and had school support got through on appeal. It's a very hard situation to be in, but worth going through if you and the school believe that a grammar is the right place for them to be.
Hugs from me. Mrs C
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Manchester,

This may seem like an odd question (indulge me for a moment) but are you in-county or out-of-county?