Update from Morning Glory - Our journey has ended

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mrsmum

Re: UPDATE FROM MORNING GLORY - OUR JOURNEY HAS ENDED

Post by mrsmum »

This is such a heart warming thread to read! Well done. Your dedication has been amazing, and it's wonderful to see it paying off like this.

Preparing our appeal, I read so many of your postings which were helpful. Our own appeal process has been horrid, but in some ways it has spurred us on to 'fight' a little harder (our appeal panel seemed genuinely surpised that school hadn't applied for concessions for us at the 11+, which threw us as we are far more used to being the ones asking!). It seems sensible for us to 'get our house in order' before moving on to our next school and I can see I shall be re-reading all your postings again for ideas!

Many, many congratulations to you; you have clearly done a brilliant job and are to be admired.
KT36

Re: Update from Morning Glory - Our journey has ended

Post by KT36 »

MG
After all the advice you gave this year on the appeals forum this year, I read your post from last year. My word, you are amazing, simply for having the belief and for following everyting through for your DS. You are truly a wonderful mum. I am SOOO pleased it all worked out well for you. Congratulations, such wonderful news :) :) :)

KT :D
Morning Glory

Post by Morning Glory »

KT36

You deserve a medal for just going back to read the War & Peace epic of my appeal.

mrsmum

Our appeal panel seemed appalled that DS had never been seen by LA EP, that he had very little support at school and they questioned the LA Rep on transition support and some other questions on SEN - I did feel the LA Rep felt quite embarrassed.

MG
KT36

Post by KT36 »

MG, :lol: it did take me a rather long time :lol:

KT36
Alex

Post by Alex »

MG, a heartfelt well done! Your persistence and determination to do the best for DS has paid off again. It is so good to know that he is happy and enjoying school. Yours is one of the successful journeys which revives the spirit when things don't seem so positive.
Morning Glory

Post by Morning Glory »

Alex

You gave me some good advice on the journey and were another person who kept me believing.

Thanks for your support.

MG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now