Good Luck with Allocations everyone

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bellybops

Re: Good Luck with Allocations everyone

Post by bellybops »

Just back from school - some of DD's friends jumping for joy, others just bemused. Surely there must be something we can do about this!

Sat & cried in the car park - just at the inequality if this whole system. These poor kids. :cry:
joop

Post by joop »

I agree it seems crazy that we all find out at different times. I found out at midnight and my ds did not get any of our grammar choices. He has been really laid back about it but when he asked this morning and I told him he was in floods of tears. I then had to send him off to school. Now I think I should have waited until he came home to tell him !!!
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Such a horrid system!! For them to work so hard, pass the exam, and then not get a place is just heart-rending! :( :(
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

Just sitting here and pressing the 'refresh button' but nothing happening on the bucks website..
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

I think it won't be up till 5pm :( :evil:
Which means 6pm for me as I am overseas! :evil: :evil:
Can't stand the waiting!!!!! :roll:
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

Booklady wrote:I think it won't be up till 5pm :( :evil:
Which means 6pm for me as I am overseas! :evil: :evil:
Can't stand the waiting!!!!! :roll:
I wish we could all fast forward the time ah :)
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Congrats to those that have heard and got the schools they wanted and to those who haven't, make sure you are on the waiting lists as there is still lots of hope at this point.

To those of you still waiting to find out either way, I so feel your pain :( It is not right that everyone finds out at different times, the stress is unbelievable, hope it will change.

Keeping everything crossed :D
Mostlymum

Post by Mostlymum »

I think the council just want to prolong the agony... There's a link to the allocations page on the front of the website now - although the page it leads to is still not available :roll:

ETA - they've taken it off :roll: Just get a shift on Bucks please!!!
drummer

Post by drummer »

joop wrote:I agree it seems crazy that we all find out at different times. I found out at midnight and my ds did not get any of our grammar choices. He has been really laid back about it but when he asked this morning and I told him he was in floods of tears. I then had to send him off to school. Now I think I should have waited until he came home to tell him !!!
You can choose to go on the waiting list, there will be enormous movement over the next few months and by Sept the allocation for many schools will have changed dramatically. So, if you are prepared to bear months of uncertainty as to which school, then wait it out. :-)
joop

Post by joop »

Yes, I think I will but not tell my ds that is what we are doing. I do not want to get his hopes up. I have already had months of uncertainty so a few more grey hairs won't notice.

Perhaps I should plan what I will do with all of my extra time when it is finally all over (although have two younger children to go through this with).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now