Has anyone on here received their e-mail yet?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tinabf

Re: Has anyone on here received their e-mail yet?

Post by tinabf »

FYI Windsor and Maidenhead were shambles too. System crashed: parents tried to get logged on for hours ( I finally got on after 2.5hrs to be told my details were not on line!); info for allocations not shown; actually all got sent e mails this morning 24 hrs later than were expected; some although they had registered on line, as directed by the borough admissions team, found system had failed them and did not get letter till this afternoon with kids in agony of anticipation...And they had had similar issues in October. Why did they not anticipate that this would happen?...I sent very strong letter to Admissions Team and Council -but they knew when and how many were expected...DOH!
H2OHNO

Post by H2OHNO »

Well my Email turned up at 17.12. Wonder if they used address distance from computer sending out offer letters to create a sending preference, or just the same random service everyone has received this year.

There really has to be a more logical way for BCC to send out information even if they offer an Email service, but no access to the on line portal for finding out the application result. I can totally understand why they have had a problem they have a system which for the two allocation days probably receives more hits than for the rest of the year combined.

There is little likelihood with local government spending cuts that the portal is a top priority for an upgrade and with their server not frozen there may be a chance that they could manage to send out the Email on time and reduce the number of parents who develop nervous breakdowns on 1st March.

The Alternative view is that even if they reduced the service to Email they would still find some way to get it wrong!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

We can now add BCC to the ever-growing list of Admission Authorities having to admit publicly that Tuesday was an utter mess:

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/88 ... iculties_/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mad?

Post by mad? »

Sally-Anne wrote:We can now add BCC to the ever-growing list of Admission Authorities having to admit publicly that Tuesday was an utter mess:

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/88 ... iculties_/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Goodness that 'Education Chief' looks like she should still be at grammar school :shock:
mad?
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

Still not had my email.............
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Patience, Mrs Chubbs, patience. I know of someone who is still waiting for their email from last year. These things take time, you know.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

mad? wrote:
Sally-Anne wrote:We can now add BCC to the ever-growing list of Admission Authorities having to admit publicly that Tuesday was an utter mess:

Goodness that 'Education Chief' looks like she should still be at grammar school :shock:

"She"? :shock: :? :lol:
Marylou
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Looking at the comments at the bottom of the article, it appears that a rather controversial non-transport-related can of worms is about to be opened... :shock:
Marylou
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I saw that and wondered whether it was related to comments elsewhere on here from a tutor claiming to tutor in bucks schools?
scary mum
Lookinglass

Post by Lookinglass »

Saw the bfp article very interesting not too sure about the statistics we filled all of the 6 schools on the form and have not been offered a single one! Anyone else in the same boat?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now