Prep Work for Chesham Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nia1999

Prep Work for Chesham Grammar

Post by nia1999 »

Hi

My DD will be starting Chesham Grammar in Sept .Does anyone have an idea as to what prep work she should now be doing so that she is prepared for the start ? Also is anyone aware if they stream the class into sets at this or other Bucks grammars ?

Thanks

Nia1999
andyb

Re: Prep Work for Chesham Grammar

Post by andyb »

Hi Nia

I have no knowledge of Chesham Grammar but DS is at a Bucks GS our experience may help.

I should wait until the "new parents" evening and see what they suggest, if anything, re prep work. We just let DS enjoy the last few months of primary school and the summer hols. There will be plenty of hard work to be done once she starts and everyone will be in the same boat.

There is no streaming at DS's GS in Y7 or Y8, not sure about Y9. Some of the very able mathematicians (I should say exceptionally able as, by definition, all the DC are very able) are taken out of one maths lesson per week for extension work.
nia1999

Post by nia1999 »

Andyb

Thanks very much .

Nia1999
Caryn

Post by Caryn »

Hello, I have a DS in Year 8 at CGS. We didn't 'prep' him for start of Year 7, just let him enjoy summer hols etc. They get lots of homework in Year 7, so being able to organise time is probably the most useful preparation.

Last year they weren't streamed in any subject, (although I think they were in PE/games, where they split into two groups) but this year (8) they are streamed in maths.

i also have a DD at DCHS in Year 11, rather rusty memory but again I don't think there was streaming in Year 7, but they were streamed from Year 8 onwards in Maths.

Hope that helps.

Caryn

ps he's very happy at CGS
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now