Second round allocation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mk123

Re: Second round allocation

Post by mk123 »

Thank you Kara!
SHF hasn't changed too ;( No point for waiting an allocation letter this round.
joop

Post by joop »

Same here JHGS hasn't moved far enough for me.

Do we get waitiing list letters if we are out of county ?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Well done for unearthing that, Kara.

BHS must surely be very close to being All Offered on a distance of 13.908 miles - that is a huge leap from 7.503 in the first round.

BGS has crept up a little, but I don't think it will quite make All Offered this year.

Marylou, I don't think I was expecting RLS to change much - the distance on 1st March was already virtually as high as it has ever been. What does surprise me is that SHF hasn't changed - I really expected that to be All Offered by this point in time.

Good luck to those still waiting and hoping.
mk123

Post by mk123 »

joop,

Yes, should do. To be posted on 21st April. Not sure how much help this will be to manage expectations. None in fact, I think.
mk123
joop

Post by joop »

Thanks.
Is it likely that there will be other grammar school places that become available if people accept second round allocations for alternate grammar schools such as Book lady or have these places been offered already before people accept their second round allocation?

Not sure if this makes sense.
mk123

Post by mk123 »

Joop, I believe the existing offer is withdrawn as a new one is made ie one cannot hold two offers at same time. So the place that Booklady's DC used to have should have been offered at the same allocation round to someone else already.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Sally-Anne wrote: Marylou, I don't think I was expecting RLS to change much - the distance on 1st March was already virtually as high as it has ever been. What does surprise me is that SHF hasn't changed - I really expected that to be All Offered by this point in time.
Indeed so, but since there are people still waiting who are further out I would have thought at least one place would have come up. Either 174 accepted their first allocation, which seems unlikely, or some places have come up but have already been allocated to late applicants living closer or in catchment.
Marylou
mk123

Post by mk123 »

Marylou wrote:
Sally-Anne wrote: Marylou, I don't think I was expecting RLS to change much - the distance on 1st March was already virtually as high as it has ever been. What does surprise me is that SHF hasn't changed - I really expected that to be All Offered by this point in time.
Indeed so, but since there are people still waiting who are further out I would have thought at least one place would have come up. Either 174 accepted their first allocation, which seems unlikely, or some places have come up but have already been allocated to late applicants living closer or in catchment.
I thought that if the last happens and someone moves closer than allocation distance at Second round will go down? Actually there are two possibilities - someone moves closer 1) in catchment or 2) OOC candidate. Not sure how this is reflected on the allocation profile exactly... I guess I am clutching straws as this will not be indicative at all for next round ;( Still very unusual for allocation distance to remain.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

mk123 wrote:Joop, I believe the existing offer is withdrawn as a new one is made ie one cannot hold two offers at same time. So the place that Booklady's DC used to have should have been offered at the same allocation round to someone else already.
Not sure if this is so. We have now accepted our new offer of BHS online -but had up to 14 days to do so. In the meantime we had already accepted BGS previously - which we have now released - but only at the same time as accepting BHS. So that place should now go to someone on the waiting list I think. I don't think they can reallocate it until we have accepted the alternative place can they? Hope this makes sense!! :lol: :lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

mk123 wrote:
I thought that if the last happens and someone moves closer than allocation distance at Second round will go down? Actually there are two possibilities - someone moves closer 1) in catchment or 2) OOC candidate. Not sure how this is reflected on the allocation profile exactly... I guess I am clutching straws as this will not be indicative at all for next round ;( Still very unusual for allocation distance to remain.
No, because they would still have to honour the offers they made in the first allocation to those living further away. The distance would only get closer if the "furthest-out" offer turned it down. At least that's how I think it works... :?
Marylou