Second round allocation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Puzzled Mum

Re: Second round allocation

Post by Puzzled Mum »

For anyone in M'head waiting for offer letters, I just called RBWM and letters are being sent out today. However, they will tell you over the phone if there is a letter coming your way!
joop

Post by joop »

Oxfordshire still state that they are not sending letters out until the 3rd May ((Oxfordshire second allocation date) although I have informed Bucks of this because surely Bucks would need to know within 14 days of their second allocation date.

I am not expecting an offer anyway but know that others closer to schools Aylesbury way may.

Bucks have stated that they are sending waiting list letters out to all parents on the 21 April with details about where their child is on a waiting list for a Bucks school.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

joop wrote:Oxfordshire still state that they are not sending letters out until the 3rd May ((Oxfordshire second allocation date) although I have informed Bucks of this because surely Bucks would need to know within 14 days of their second allocation date.

I am not expecting an offer anyway but know that others closer to schools Aylesbury way may.

Bucks have stated that they are sending waiting list letters out to all parents on the 21 April with details about where their child is on a waiting list for a Bucks school.
That sounds a bit daft - it means that the only way for someone in Oxon on the waiting list for a school in Bucks will know that they've been allocated a place is when they don't get a waiting list letter....

If a school place has been offered by a different authority and the home authority is aware of this, then it should be duty bound to advise the family concerned without delay. It probably also means that one of the home authority's own school places will be released. I really can't see any advantage to anyone in sitting on the information for that long.

Bureaucracy - dontcha just love it! :roll:
Marylou
mk123

Post by mk123 »

Booklady wrote:
mk123 wrote:Joop, I believe the existing offer is withdrawn as a new one is made ie one cannot hold two offers at same time. So the place that Booklady's DC used to have should have been offered at the same allocation round to someone else already.
Not sure if this is so. We have now accepted our new offer of BHS online -but had up to 14 days to do so. In the meantime we had already accepted BGS previously - which we have now released - but only at the same time as accepting BHS. So that place should now go to someone on the waiting list I think. I don't think they can reallocate it until we have accepted the alternative place can they? Hope this makes sense!! :lol: :lol:
Joop, My assumption regarding waiting lists was based on the 'Allocations guide for parents 2011 entry' (page 34) although I have not used the Bucks online admissions as Booklady, I have to admit :? :

"Your child’s place on a waiting list can go up or down, depending on whether other children join or leave it. If we can offer a place from the waiting list, we will automatically take away the place we have already offered at a lower ranked school, and that place will be offered to another child. This is because we can offer your child only one place at any time. By asking to go on the waiting list for a school you have ranked higher than the one we have offered, it is assumed that if we are able to offer a place at the higher ranked school then that is what you want us to do. WE WILL NOT CONTACT YOU TO CHECK FIRST.
We will write to you one week after the second and subsequent rounds of allocations to advise you of your child’s waiting list position."
joop

Post by joop »

Thanks for this.

When is the next round of allocations or do they offer places if they come up ? I know the appeals are early this year in May so just wondering if they will be after the next round.

Any more success stories from anyone ?
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

joop wrote:Thanks for this.

When is the next round of allocations or do they offer places if they come up ? I know the appeals are early this year in May so just wondering if they will be after the next round.

Any more success stories from anyone ?
13th May and 17th June according to page 7 of this: http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... _Entry.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The June date could well be after the appeals, though - so not sure how useful that one is.
Marylou
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Marylou wrote:The June date could well be after the appeals, though - so not sure how useful that one is.
If you have attended a transfer appeal and had it refused, but you are on the waiting list and enough places should come up to acommodate your child, I would say it is pretty useful! :D

It does happen, although no one should count on it.
lucyc27

Post by lucyc27 »

Hi there,

I am looking to make contact with any parents in South Bucks whose child did not get their first choice of schools? I would really like to hear from you asap!

Lucy
Personal contact details removed by Moderator Sally-Anne. Please use the PM facility on the forum instead.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Should anyone intend replying to Lucyc27, I think I should mention that I believe from her post that she may be a journalist.

Lucy, you have a PM from me.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I can confirm that Lucy is indeed a journalist, from a reputable local/regional publication. If you wish to discuss your failure to gain a first preference place with her, please send a PM.

Lucy, you have another PM from me.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now