Second round allocation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Puzzled Mum

Re: Second round allocation

Post by Puzzled Mum »

Do you know if that's just for Bucks residents? I called Bucks CC the other day and was told that Bucks will inform my LA if there is an offer (please let there be an offer), who will in turn write to me in a few days time. The stressful wait continues!
mk123

Post by mk123 »

Puzzled Mum wrote:Do you know if that's just for Bucks residents? I called Bucks CC the other day and was told that Bucks will inform my LA if there is an offer (please let there be an offer), who will in turn write to me in a few days time. The stressful wait continues!
We are OOC. From what I understand the two LAs do communicate between each other regarding Offers made for OOC applications. Bucks LA have passed this information to our LA /Milton Keynes/ who in turn have sent us the letters mentioned. For Buck residents the offers will come straight from Bucks LA while waiting lists positions will go out to both - in and out of county waiting lists applicants. I believe you have to be talking to your own LA to find out for results of allocations.
Puzzled Mum

Post by Puzzled Mum »

So perhaps they liaise before the 15th and all LAs will be sending letters out today. We are OOC (Berks) - does anyone else know when Berks residents will receive letters for a Bucks school (if there's an offer to be made)?
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Very happy!! Just got back from a week away to find a letter offering us BHS!! DD delighted! We are very relieved - don't need the appeal now!!

Thanks to everyone who helped us in this journey!! And - for those waiting for a place at BGS - we will be releasing a place there! :D
joop

Post by joop »

Brilliant news !

I hope to hear in the next few days. Did they enclose any information about distances ?

Does anyone else have any news especially about JHGS ?
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

No news about distances - though I think we are about 7.8 miles away - 150m out of catchment though. I also heard 2 girls in Maidenhead also got offered BHS.

Hope you get good news soon Joop!!
mk123

Post by mk123 »

Congratulations! Perfect news and I am sure your DD is happy too!
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

She's very happy! Bin grins and skipping all over the place!!!

Good luck to all those still waiting!
kara123

Post by kara123 »

2nd round allocation profile has been updated with distances. Here is the link.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... l_2011.pdf
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

kara123 wrote:2nd round allocation profile has been updated with distances. Here is the link.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... l_2011.pdf
Thanks for posting this. I can't believe that RLS hasn't budged! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Marylou
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now