Second round allocation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
psk

Re: Second round allocation

Post by psk »

We just received our waiting list position for DCHS and the most recent allocation profile shows "all offered" My DD is now 10th on the list and we are 1 mile further than the current distance published. Can anyone advise if there is likely to be any change once a school has offered all it's places?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think "all offered" means that everyone in catchment who wanted a place has been offered one, not that all the places have been filled. There is still room for movement I would have thought.
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

There is a misunderstanding here. The latest Allocation Profile for DCHS is:
All applicants offered under rule 2 {4} (catchment siblings) and some allocated under rule 2 (catchment) to 8.420 miles.
This means that so far, only girls in catchment have been offered places, and not all of those. It isn't possible to predict how much movement there might be on the distance of 8.420 miles in the next round, unfortunately, but 10th on the list is probably not going to deliver a place.

The phrase "All Offered" means exactly that - every applicant for a place at the school has been offered one, regardless of catchment, distance or other admissions criteria.
joop

Post by joop »

Is there usually much movement between second and third round ? Would it only be those who declined places offered on the second round so would not be much movement ?
newgirl

Post by newgirl »

just for information, we moved four places on the DCHS waiting list from March to September - we didn't get in unfortunately but I'm pleased to say DD is happy at the school she went to.
joop

Post by joop »

Thanks that gives us hope as we were near the top of the list after second allocation, but I know that you can also move down as well as up ! We will go to see JHGS again as this was our second choice after SWB and my OH has not seen this JHGS. Roll on next allocation.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now