AGS Induction Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Re: AGS Induction Day

Post by Sally-Anne »

logic32 wrote:Does anyone know if there is any point in ringing AGS to ask about moving houses ?
I'm not sure I follow you here. Why would you need to ring AGS? Are you thinking of moving nearer to the school to reduce the journey time? If so, there is no need to ask anyone for permission to do so. It is only if you move further away that questions might be asked about fraudulent applications, but as AGS was All Offered this year, that question is academic anyway.
My DS is now saying he wants to go to Tring School with his friends !!!
You would need to appeal - I believe that Tring is heavily over-subscribed.
Mine is don't worry it'll be fine.
Just keep reiterating all the positives. He is bound to feel fearful, but it will pass. Tell him that if he is really unhappy at the end of Year 7 you will "consider" moving him, but he will have made friends and forgotten all about it long before then.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Bless him!

My son wet to a school on his own, out of area. We met up with two boys on open night from nearby and spent a couple of days together in the hols.

They are still friendly but he has also made lots and lots of new friends. I am sure there will be others in the same position. I promise you both, he will be fine x
logic32

Post by logic32 »

Hi sallyanne,

I meant the internal houses at the school. Herman's reply kind of re-iterated what I'd thought, there was very little chance of any movement. ( Don't think we should resort to violence to get our own way!)

That sounds like a great idea re ringing the school and asking if they could put us in touch with the boy he met at induction. Certainly worth a go.

I guess I'm just really shocked at his reaction, as he's almost horizontally laid back normally. Perhaps becuase he's always had 4 best friends that helped his confidence. He's very tearful about it ( though could well be hormones combined with nerves ) and that's so not like him.

But we are being nothing but positive
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

logic32 wrote:I meant the internal houses at the school.
Ah ha - it did seem a bit extreme to move house as a result of one induction day!
loopymum64

Post by loopymum64 »

Hi Logic32, When I read your post you could have been talking about my son. I too had persuaded him that there would be someone he knew in his class since he knew so many boys going to AGS from outside of his school. But he came home from induction day in tears as he knew no-one. He is a very shy boy who takes time to get to know people and I know it will all be fine in the end but getting there might be a struggle. A good friend who is a teacher told me that by October half term he will know everyone in his class and will have lots of good friends. I have been asking around to find someone in his house - Phillips - and finally found someone who lives nearby and who we can hopefully meet up with in the summer hols. As a result I know people in just about every house so feel free to PM me and I'll put you in touch with people in your son's house who are quite near to Tring.
logic32

Post by logic32 »

Hi Loopymum64,

Thank you so much for your post. I have pm 'd you !
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now