Choices on CAF-Confused

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: Choices on CAF-Confused

Post by scary mum »

No you have to ask to go on the waiting list as often people are perfectly happy with their second choice - this happened with us (BGS :)) I think that if you ask to go on the waiting list and you are offered a place you automatically lose the one you were initially allocated as you can't be offered two at once, ie they assume that if you go on a waiting list you really do want ghat school.
scary mum
guest666

Post by guest666 »

Given the schools you specify in your last post (SWB and BGS) and where you say that you live (presumably in Slough rather than South Bucks) you should note the typical allocation profile for SWB
(see http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... y_2011.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the current status for September)
and realise that it is also a popular choice for parents living in Maidenhead.

This would suggest that it would prove very difficult to obtain a place at SWB. In contrast the catchment for BGS does extend into Slough reflecting the location of the school on the county boundary.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

worriedandconfused wrote:Do I have to appeal for the place (if yes what would be the reason??)
You would be appealing against over-subscription, and that is covered in the Appeals Q&A Section C: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... bed-school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I know you have to look for the right school for your child but don't dismiss BGS because of what people have said in the past. It is a very good school and getting better all the time. It is one of the friendliest schools I have been to.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now