11+ Tutuors In or Near Little Chalfont

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Busymumoftwo

11+ Tutuors In or Near Little Chalfont

Post by Busymumoftwo »

When we moved into Little Chalfont we left our children in their Hertfordshire schools because they were happy, settled and doing well, and also if we had chosen to move them there weren't places available for both of them at the same school and the logistics of a split school run were too much to contemplate! However, our decision means I'm out of the loop as far as school-gate recommendations of good local tutors goes. I know tutors can't be named on the forum, so I'd really appreciate it if you could PM me with advice and suggestions about local tutors.

Also I'd be interested to hear how soon people actually begin to engage tutors? My eldest is nearing the end of Y3 and to my mind the exam is still a long way off so I was very surprised to find other children of this age already being tutored. Am I being unduly naive?
Sally-Anne

Re: 11+ Tutuors In or Near Little Chalfont

Post by Sally-Anne »

Busymumoftwo wrote:Also I'd be interested to hear how soon people actually begin to engage tutors? My eldest is nearing the end of Y3 and to my mind the exam is still a long way off so I was very surprised to find other children of this age already being tutored. Am I being unduly naive?
No, you are not and it's quite ridiculous. They don't need to start tutoring until September or January of Y5.

Just make sure that they read widely and that they know their times tables before then.