Help Please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jabba7

Help Please

Post by jabba7 »

Hi

My DS seems to make most of his mistakes on the questions where you have four words and have to find the missing letter that makes all 4 words.

Please can you let me know if anyone has a link that can help me find sheets to practise this type.

Many thanks
patricia

Re: Help Please

Post by patricia »

There are only 5 possibilities on the answer sheet.

Child goes through each of the letters [in order] sounding out which letter will go for each part word [sounding silently in head]

If they still cannot find the letter, they must quickly write out all possibiliites using each letter in turn. The first letter can be written next to the part words, for others its quickly writing out part words and letters.

This is one question where I allow children to take a best guess, if it goes for at least 3 of the words then thats a better guess than a letter that will only go for 2.

Words like fob and lop and reap are often missed because they do not recognise them as words.

Patricia
jabba7

Re: Help Please

Post by jabba7 »

Thanks for this Patricia.

He seems to guess for some reason on these and I want to try to practice with him, do you know if there are any online sheets I can print off for this type?