Just over 1 week left

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: Just over 1 week left

Post by scary mum »

Patricia, could I ask what you advise between the two tests? They will have some idea of what has come up in the first test, so for example it may be that my DSs least favourite type won't have come up in the first test, but might in the second. Are we best doing a complete paper over the weekend in between, and therefore covering types which probably won't come up, or should we just practice areas of weakness? That's assmuming that he has a clue what was tested in the first paper, of course :lol: I can't remember what we did with DS1, although it was only 2 years ago. I think we were as confident as you can hope to be, so we may have given up by then and decided we had done all we could do. Do your tutees have a lesson in between?
scary mum
patricia

Post by patricia »

At this stage children generally are competent with the method and techniques of all 21 types. It now boils down to silly mistakes and unknown vocabulary.

My children will sit 1 test in between, it will be a relatively easy confident boosting one probably test D from Gl Assessment. I will visit the children once more in between, where I will cover the question types that did not come up in the first test. They may also compete 5/10 variable questions a day.

The first test has 12 types.

The second test will have the other 9 together with Zs plus 2 types which came up in the first test. These crossover questions seem to be variable each year.

It has been known that the 2 tests have only covered 20 types, I remember one year type S [one word goes for 4 words] and another year type D [similar in meaning ] did not appear at all. Of course we cannot rely on this knowledge, we must cover the full 21 types.

Patricia
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Thank you, that is really useful, and more or less what I had planned. Funnily enough we have GL test D left over so will use that.
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Good luck to Master Unscary .( and everyone else ) I now know the 12 th is Test Day not Results Day !!! It's confusing the different counties. :roll:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I know it is. We have 2 tests - 6th & 12th. Bucks take the best results of the two and ignore the other. Nearly there...
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now