How was today's paper?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
patricia

Re: How was today's paper?

Post by patricia »

The first paper contains 12 types, including the Zs

The second paper will include the other 9, plus the Zs plus 2 crossing over from the 1st test.

The crossovers are variable each year. Some years the second test will contain 8 of the other 9 plus Zs plus 3 from the 1st test, again the type that is left out is variable.

Patricia
svg123

Post by svg123 »

Thanks Patricia
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

my ds came from school confident saying mum it was easy! i think i got 5-6 wrong so i was feeling a bit better then , 20 min later he said mum i think i got 8-9 wrong thats when i started privately panicking, and at the same time saying its ok you tried your best .has this experience happen to others and what was the out come of the test.
svg123

Post by svg123 »

Is it because DS found different/difficult vocabulary to what he has practised at home?
ian35mm

Post by ian35mm »

Well most kids have reported back in.

All say it was easy, which I hate. If the paper actually was easy, then there are the normal implications for the 'pass' mark.

Certainly all say they completed the test within 45 minutes, which is pleasing - and all used their watches properly.

Now concentrating on the questions we know didn't come up!
crunchie

Post by crunchie »

I have been told the test was difficult and this is from a child who has scored 89- 90% in the school NFER practice papers and scored 90% in the Susan Daughtrey practice papers.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

svg123 wrote: Which types are generally classified as challenging ones?
Depends who you ask! :wink:

If I were the one sitting the test, I would say Type K (bracket maths) - though DS seems to manage these quite well. If you were to ask him, he would probably say Type B (odd two out) or Type M (analogies). Someone else I know would answer Type P (number sequences).

Generally speaking I would expect to see Types K and B crop up somewhere in the mix, as in my view Type K is the most difficult of the maths-type questions and Type B the most difficult of the vocabulary type. Feel free to disagree, anyone! :P
Marylou
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

All the children have another chance next week. Remember they only have to pass one paper. So keep encouraging them and I'll keep my fingers crossed for them all.
:)
mum of five 2

Post by mum of five 2 »

Why wasn't she wearing a watch?[/quote]
she does not have one and even if she did she would have fiddled with it :roll:
just cant believe i will be doing this all over again for dd 2 next year,hopefully i will be a little more aware on what to expect.Could not get hold of the head today so will try to talk to her on monday .Stressfull times :cry:
svg123

Post by svg123 »

Good luck to all DS for their second exam.