11+ experience in bucks last week

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
khanj010

11+ experience in bucks last week

Post by khanj010 »

sorry i posted in the wrong section any way did any one ds thought the 11+ test last week was easy as my son and many of the other children thought so too.is the pass mark 71-80 as i heard thet it might go up as many children are prepared this year and more may pass.
SingleDad

Re: 11+ experiance in bucks last week

Post by SingleDad »

Hi

My daughter thought it was inbetween the Familiarisation Papers 1 and 2 in the previous week. She thought it was fairly tough, but not excessively so.
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
The pass mark is based on the results from the cohort of children who take the exam, no one can confirm a pass mark before the children take the exams. predictions are normally made based on past results.

I'm sure someone else will add on to this, but this is my understanding, from what I have read for Bucks its been 87-90% with standardised scores( around 90% for the older children 72/80) see sticky on standardised scores.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think to say it was easy is misleading and perhaps unfair. A certain percentage will always find it easy, and many will not. As has been discussed many time in the last few weeks - and as mentioned by hasmum, no-one knows the answer to your question. Approximately 25% will pass before appeals, which means 75% won't. The pass mark will vary in the same way it has previously, and unless you request the scores you will never know what your DS has scored, just what his standardised score is. Theoretically an easier paper and many coached children will push the pass mark up, but when you are talking about several thousand children I very much doubt it will differ very much from year to year, there will be a drift in that dsirection over several years.
scary mum
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
Also just to add to the above i remember last year a few of the children we knew said their papers were easy but did not make it, we dont know what was on the papers and what the children say was easy may not necessarily mean all their answers were correct. Not being funny but i go through each paper after my ds has taken it, and sometimes he says it was easy but has made a number of silly mistakes. Then he comes out with " I honestly meant to put this one :wink: "
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Also just to add to the above i remember last year a few of the children we knew said their papers were easy but did not make it, we dont know what was on the papers and what the children say was easy may not necessarily mean all their answers were correct. Not being funny but i go through each paper after my ds has taken it, and sometimes he says it was easy but has made a number of silly mistakes. Then he comes out with " I honestly meant to put this one "
I couldn't agree more. DS1 did better in the paper he found harder.
scary mum
crunchie

Post by crunchie »

I was told it was not easy. This is from a child that scored 70, 71 and 74 on the school's familiarisation papers. Some children that said it was easy did not get anywhere near my DS familiarisation scores. (Some children just do not want to admit to their peers that it was difficult).
Last edited by crunchie on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

If my DS says a paper is easy it doesn't normally relate to his score!
misspiggy

Post by misspiggy »

My DS said he found last week's paper difficult. I'm not holding out much hope to be absolutely honest. But I know he tried the best he could. Since his paper last week, I seem to have lost all my nerves from last week and calmed down (possibility to an extent where I think I'm a little too laid back this week!).
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

yes i agree i have not spoken about the test since last week nor is he doing any work at home to do with this , i think i have calmed down but wait tell tomorrow when i will start panicking. good luck to every one this is your last chance to put all the hard work you have done to use and dont worry if the outcome is not what you expected, whatever will be will be!