Why am I Fearing the Results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

Re: Why am I Fearing the Results?

Post by hermanmunster »

munch wrote:I thought I was only waiting until the morning but oh no...DS announced before heading off to bed that he wanted to open the letter himself tomorrow. I nearly stopped breathing as I have to deal with the envelope starring at me all day. Then I remembered it was even worse because DS has an after-school club and won't get home til 5!
:lol:
Scary mum is right - the kettle is a great friend. can steam the letter open and provide a nice cuppa too. TBH it is worth knowing what is in the letter before DC gets home. Still act surprised when they open it but prior knowledge can help if the news is not what you hoped.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Good luck everyone...hope you all managed to have a decent sleep .Keep busy and it will soon be over . :D
munch

Post by munch »

I did consider steaming open the letter but as I've made DS a promise to wait I'm not sure...says he wants to see my reaction and has warned me not to steam it open as he left for school :lol:
Also DD has said she wants to be at home too when DS opens the letter and she gets home at 6.45-it just gets worse :lol:
I wish the best of luck to everyone. Que Sera, Sera.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Poor you Munch !! It's going to be a long day. :( Maybe you could try holding it up to a bright light ? :lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Bright light usually works. Steaming difficult anyway because of the type of envelopes they use nowadays.

Oh dear - does that make me look like an expert? :oops:
Marylou
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Can't you just rip it open and when they come home say...

'Ooops my eyesight's so bad, I thought it was for me, I haven't read it, honest '

I've only done that the four times we've had results, and none of them are any the wiser :wink:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

So many people looking at this post today :lol: Has your postie been yet M-L?
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Not that I do this type of thing, you understand...but lots of letters these days have an opening to the side which is really easy to steam open...stick back up with a glue stick and the main opening stays looking untouched. It's just sometimes tricky to stuff the letter back in.Oh, and if there's a clear window make sure you put the letter back the right way so the name and address shows through. :oops:
munch

Post by munch »

Thank you for all suggestions - I am keeping them all on the backburner in case desperation creeps in.
Now I must go and check where that bright light went - just keeping it handy for DS's next camp trip you understand. :lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

scary mum wrote:So many people looking at this post today :lol: Has your postie been yet M-L?
No, and I really wish my office window wasn't right next to the front door!
Marylou