Bucks GS Allocations for 2011

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hasmum

Bucks GS Allocations for 2011

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
Sally-Anne you're probably the best person to ask, i saw 2011 allocations in Bucks somewhere but can't seem to remember where, I did check the BCC website, they have Allocations for 2010, where can I find the link to see the above again.

Thanks
scary mum

Re: Bucks GS Allocations for 2011

Post by scary mum »

Here you are, I was just looking at it myself!!

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Thanks Scary mum,
Now that we've got the results this is going to occupy our minds till March.
I put Burnham and Royal GS at the top of my CAF just worried if will get any of these two, even though RGS were All offered this year in 1st round, but was hoping more for Burnham. I just hope we are not given Chesham as someone mentioned before that if you dont get the other Bucks GS then we may be offered Chesham as this would be the nearest, although have not checked the distance myself. , I dont want to have to go on waiting lists and appeals, it is just never ending.

Slough GS's are our next choice but being ooc, and the amount of people we saw at our 1st choice school where we took the exam, it looks highly competetive to be amongst the top 70 who will be offered and rest will be catchment. There were probably a good few hundred people I think.

Anyway will have to pray and keep fingers crossed on outcome.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Roughly where would your DC be travelling from? Didn't you like Chesham? I don't know anything about it. I also understand that last year's allocations were a bit unusual, so it's probably worth taking a look over the last few years. Having said that, Burnham Grammar has become a lot more popular lately - I think both years 7&8 are full whereas the other years are not.
scary mum
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi scary mum,
Well we live UB1 it's around 15 miles to Burnham and around 20 miles to RGS, I
have checked the distance on these. Burnham and Slough are ok for ds to travel initially from where we are but RGS would be a bit too much. We are considering moving if ds gets a place in any of the above either slough or High Wycombe, obviously its alot to think about, younger 2 dd's dont want to move from their school and we will have to sell the house or rent for a bit, dont fancy moving numerous times. :?

We get the slough consortium results in early January, so we will have a clearer picture on where to focus. I am hoping for the Slough GS's or Burnham as my ds really liked them and I also liked them plus prefer to move to slough or nearby.. :?
RGS is a good school but dont fancy moving that way at present.

We took the exam at Chesham but I also dont know much about Chesham, we went through High Wycombe and it was 12 miles from there, Dh drove so I dont know if we took the longer route, but didn't like the look of it.
Mostlymum

Post by Mostlymum »

I know a lot of people with children across the years there and haven't come across anyone unhappy, friends with yr7s seem particularly pleased with it.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

By the way, as mum, you did go a very long way if you went to Chesham via Wycombe from UB1!!

Good luck - hope you get a school you are pleased with in March.
scary mum