12+ in 3 weeks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Scream!!

Post by Scream!! »

Working too hard to realise we do not have the address for the 12+ location tomorrow. Looked everywhere for the letter to no avail. Please let know the address if you know it.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Scream - I am so sorry I had logged out before your post. I really, really hope you got it sorted out. If you missed it then I would hope you can get another date from Bucks. (You aren't the only one who lost the bit of paper - ours was missing without trace for most of yesterday. Luckily I had memorised the information first.)

Thank you to everyone for the good wishes - I really appreciate them. So, here's the report from the battlefront:

All the kids came out saying that the paper was really easy (OK, so how reassuring is that? :roll: ). Oddly there was apparently a numbers question type that none of them had ever seen before, which is an interesting tactic. They all claimed that it was easy though - let's hope it hasn't wrong-footed them.

I really have no idea which way it has gone for my son - there are ups and downs from the post-mortem.

We wait, and we wait ... I promise to post as soon as we hear anything, good or bad!

Sally-Anne
Northkentmum

Post by Northkentmum »

Hi Sally-Anne

Now the 12+ is over I have everything crossed for you and your son. With such a supporting mum I am sure your son will achieve all that you wish for him.
Look forward to the huge happy posting :lol: :lol: when he gets his results
Didn't know about the 12+ until read this forum! Has given me food for thought for my daughter who failed 11+.
NKM
usa

Post by usa »

Sally Anne
Hope all goes well with the result. Big relief I am sure now it is done, but the wait for the results will seem to take forever.
You have given so much to this site - we are all behind you.
Hope you get the result you want and deserve.
Good luck!
USA

Post by Guest »

Re: your question yesterday about how the children cope when they come in at 12+. We always have a few new children start in September in all year groups. Some have moved to the area, others have taken the 12+. I certainly just accept them as new students - welcome them, check that they understand what's required of them and keep a slightly closer eye on them in the first few weeks: check that they are happy with seating (which I change every term anyway); make sure they are coping with the work; fill in any "gaps" in their knowledge by a little one-to-one attention, etc. etc. Very soon though, they seem to become "just" another member of their form. I could only see a learning issue with foreign languages (not my subject). Other than that, most subjects work on a modular basis, with September being the start of new topics in humanities, English, science, music, art etc. etc.

Hope this helps.
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Sally-Anne,

Glad to hear the 12+ is now behind you. Now comes more weeks of worrying and analysing how his test went. (Or like me how to break into the school office to check it myself :shock: )
You are a wonderful mother and regardless of which school he goes to he will turn out fantastic because your his mum!

I will continue to cross everything and pray till you receive the news your son deserves.

Take care for now.

AM.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi All

Thank you for your comments Guest - very useful. Thank you also NorthKent Mum, AM and usa (nice to see you're still lurking, usa!) for such lovely comments.

Apparently someone is going to call Admissions tomorrow to try to get a confirmed date for telling us the result. If they get an answer I shall be very glad - I'd just like to put the whole thing in a box labelled "Danger - UXB" for a few weeks!

Sally-Anne
Guest400

Post by Guest400 »

this Essex mum has been sending you good luck by telepathy, I really hope this time all comes good for you. I will be picking your brains about 12+ once my appeal nightmare is over! Big hug to your son xx
Scream!!

Over

Post by Scream!! »

Thank you Sally-Anne, I finally found the letter this morning. I heard the screams of very easy. Good luck all!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Glad to hear you got there scream!! I had also logged off last night - logged on to late this morning. I suspect there were other sessions - there were at least 3 last year.

Which school are you hoping for?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now