We are OoC and I've sucessfully home tutored both of my children to achieve a qualifying score in the Bucks 11+ test for Sept 2007 and Sept 2012 entry.For what its worth thought I'd pass on my experience/strategy;
(1) Start tutoring no earlier than 12 months before they are due to sit tests.
(2) Essential to start with the IPS Verbal Reasoning Method & Technique book-This includes all 21 Types that appear in the Bucks Test.It is essential to learn the method/technique for each question type yourself before trying to teach your child.
(3) Then do IPS Verbal Reasoning Practice Papers Book A & Book C.Go though each paper with your child on the day they do it.Note Types they are struggling with and do more practice on those.
(4) Then do GL Assessment VR Pack 1 followed by Pack 2.Note each pack has 4 tests but these are 85 questions in 50 mins but the real test will only have 80 questions in 50 mins.When child is confident enough ask then to do test under timed conditions and mark on the day and note question types they are struggling with and do more work on these.
(5) Next do Letts VR Practice Papers.Again these are 4 tests of 85 qustions each.
(6) Next do Susan Daughtrey 11+ VR Practice Papers Pack 1 followed by Pack 2.These are very close to the level of difficulty in real tests.
(7) Next do Learning Lab 11+ VR Introductory Papers Book 1 & Book 2.Followed by Learning Lab te4st papers Book 1 (geen colour) and Book 2 (red colour).
(8) Nearer the test time do IPS Daily Practice Tests Book 1 and Book 2.These are short 10 question tests covering all question types.
(9) Also go through Familiarisation & Practice Pack you will get from Bucks County Council when you register your child for Bucks 11+ if OoC.
In the last couple of months before they sit the tests your child should be doing test papers under timed conditions and scoring at least 70/80.
All above books can be purchased from Amazon which I found to be chaeper than anywhere else.
One last tip.Children sit 2 VR papes in the Bucks Test on different days.The 2 tests together cover all 21 question types so the types that don't come up in the first test will come up in the second test.After first test concentrate on types that did not come up but you will only have a day or two to do this between tests.
I'm sure there are many other ways to get your child(ren) though but the above is just what worked for me.Its not esay and you will have ups and downs but don't give up.Hope it is of some help.Best wishes and keep