Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:15 am 

Hi,
If one takes a place at a GS but decides to move a year later near to another in the same county, is there any time limit or is it a straightforward process ie. if the school has a place, they will offer. (would this be a transfer appeal).

Sorry if confusing, but trying to consider all options at present.
Also for RGS if a dc is transferring, is there another test, or does that apply to someone who has not been tested before.?

Thanks

Last edited by hasmum on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am 

Anecdotally, I know of one girl who was thinking of moving from one GS to another in year 10 and was offered a place without taking any tests. It may be different when they are younger as the schools administer their own tests in year 10 and so presumably can make a judgement call. Of course now they are all academies they can make their own decisions. I also know of someone who was , ahem, asked to leave one GS and moved to another and presumably they didn't have to sit a test :roll: . I think the original 11plus result is valid until the end of Key Stage 3, so again that points to not having to take a test. I'll shut up now and wait for someone who actually knows the rules :lol: :lol:

Last edited by scary mum on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:32 am 

Hi hasmum

The process is outlined at the bottom of this page under Grammar to Grammar transfer:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/schools/a ... _2012.page?

What is meant by "other relevant independent evidence", I have no idea! You will have to tell us ...

S-A

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:54 pm 

I emailed BCC re the above and also rung the school and basically if we accepted Burnham for eg and decided to move later, I was told by RGS if it is before 1st half term i.e end of Oct. they don't need re testing but after that the school do their own tests and I believe, but not sure it's the core subjects and a language paper.

I definately don't want to go through that. This would be too stressful.
Sorry forgot to ask about the independent evidence, but I think that would probably be a report on the child.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:23 pm 

I have known of a few cases where parents have moved. The problem might be if the year group is full as you would need go to appeal.