In year admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
New to High Wycombe

In year admissions

Post by New to High Wycombe »

Hi, I am moving to High Wycombe next month and will be applying for grammar school places for my son in year 7 and daughter in year 9. I understand spaces are rare, however for my son there are currently vacancies in year 7 of Jonh Hampden School.

Regardless of availability of spaces the first step is for them both to sit the tests, which BCC said they will arrange for them once we have moved in and made application.

I would be grateful on advice on how to prepare them for the tests. A few things I am unclear on. Firstly, will the tests for year 7 and 9 be the same level of difficulty as that of the actual 11 plus or harder questions? I understand the format of the paper is different. What are the best practise papers to purchase in order to prepare them for the test? Initially I can only purchase downloadable papers as i am overseas but can purchase hard copies when I arrive in the UK?

Thanks for your help.
Sally-Anne

Re: In year admissions

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hello, and welcome to the forum!
New to High Wycombe wrote:Firstly, will the tests for year 7 and 9 be the same level of difficulty as that of the actual 11 plus or harder questions? I understand the format of the paper is different. What are the best practise papers to purchase in order to prepare them for the test? Initially I can only purchase downloadable papers as i am overseas but can purchase hard copies when I arrive in the UK?
All the information you need about the 12+ test (for Year 7) is here: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... -procedure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Year 9 process varies slightly by school, but for all the schools you are likely to be considering it appears that it is the same test as for Year 7, just adjusted for age.

All the practice materials that are recommended on this forum and in our bookshop for the Bucks 11+ are appropriate for the 12+.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now