Need some information

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ummh

Need some information

Post by ummh »

Hi Everyone,
I am very new to this forum and 11+ exams. This is the first time I am preparing my kid for it.

My information regarding 11+ is very little. I would appreciate if you could answer my questions.

1.We are living in Luton. Can we still apply for Aylesbury grammar school with our postcode? Is there any possiblity of them considering us even if we are out of borough?

2.How do we apply for grammar school test? Via internet? Do we ring the grammar school and ask for a form?

3.Do the kid need to just pass the test or is there any other selection criteria?

Thanks in advance for your help.
scary mum

Re: Need some information

Post by scary mum »

Some of your questions are answered here:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=25546

My main thought would be how would your child get from Luton to Aylesbury every dy?
scary mum
ummh

Post by ummh »

Dear scary mum

Thanks for your reply.

We would move to aylesbury once he gets admission there.

Are our prospects better if we rent there and use a Bucks post code or we use our current luton post code?

do you think it makes a difference?

Thanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You are not expected to have two houses and you need to prove residence before the 11+ results are issued ... you also need to consider the implications if he does not qualify for a GS.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Your problem with renting is that the schools won’t believe you intend to move! You have to either try to get in from where you are now, or move beforehand so you can prove you are resident in the catchment area, in which case as Guest55 says you should consider what you will do should your DC not pass – some of the upper schools in the Aylesbury area are not that great.
roo007

Post by roo007 »

Ummh,

It is difficult to say if your DS will get into either of the Aylesbury GS's from Luton.The allocation distance is different every year and impossible to predict but if you look at the allocation distance for the last few years for AGS & SHF one or other has been all offered so there is a good chance if he qualifies of course.If you want the GS's then you need to put them as your first and second preference as Luton operates an equal preference so even if he doesn't qualify you will not be prejudiced as regards your third choice. 8)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now