Final Countdown....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kusanagi

Re: Final Countdown....

Post by kusanagi »

Kiwimum wrote:Wow - BCC really have their act together - congratulations to you all. Happy children tonight. x

I'm having a meltdown at the moment - I've just read on another thread that someone didn't get their first choice of BHS, there goes my dream of it being 'all offered'!
Won't get a letter until tomorrow at the earliest and BCC haven't posted the allocation profile yet - just going to sit here and have a breakdown :cry:
Sally-Anne and Etienne - please don't book any holidays anytime soon - might need your services.

That was ours :-( really pinned everything on BHS, we did however get offered BGS, but am hanging on for BHS, all this waiting is not nice. We really did think that it would be all offered, especially as there was a thread about 1st choices and BHS didn't appear to be over subscribed
Kiwimum

Post by Kiwimum »

Yes, it's disappointing kusanagi, I've seen the allocation profile now and there's only one thing for it.... I'm going shopping.
hedwigsmum

Post by hedwigsmum »

Delighted to have got first choice of John Colet. So pleased not to have to appeal. :) :D
munch

Post by munch »

On BBC News page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17190113" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Might just divert your attention from elsewhere if only for a few mins..
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

munch wrote:On BBC News page:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17190113" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Might just divert your attention from elsewhere if only for a few mins..
Within the report, in relation to grammar " ... With a fixed number of places and competition getting tougher ... the temptation is to tutor earlier and earlier ... more inquiries from parents of children as young as five" :shock:

Poor children, just started school and then 'off to the Tutor we go' :shock:

Edited to say ... "sorry off-topic, but I was in shock!" :shock: :roll:
Heartmum x x x
andyb

Post by andyb »

Logged into email at work on the offchance and lo and behold it was there :) - well done BCC, just a shame couldn't tell DS2 he has his first choice before he went off this morning. Oh well it will be a pleasant surprise tonight.
munch

Post by munch »

andyb-great news :D
munch

Post by munch »

I was so busy focusing on the Bucks schools, thinking our top choice Tiffin Boys was unrealistic given 1700 boys sat for some 140 places, that I'm now totally dumbstruck! DS has got Tiffin after all :D
Good luck to you all still waiting for news, I hope you get what you are after.
andyb

Post by andyb »

Brilliant news munch :D - I just love it when everything falls into place. We know of 3 of DS2's buddies that have got the same school so he is chuffed to bits. DS1 just rolled his eyes at the prospect of all his little brother's annoying friends being there :wink: .
Jeepers

Post by Jeepers »

Congratualtions to all who have go their schools but especial congrats to munch and DS, it's lovely when you read great news like this:
munch wrote:I was so busy focusing on the Bucks schools, thinking our top choice Tiffin Boys was unrealistic given 1700 boys sat for some 140 places, that I'm now totally dumbstruck! DS has got Tiffin after all