1st March 2012 Allocation Profile

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
anxiousp

Re: 1st March 2012 Allocation Profile

Post by anxiousp »

Thank you to all for your support...we have got a place at BGS.
wurzel

Post by wurzel »

Hello roo007

We have DC at SHF and are extremely happy with it. The thing is, I would say that wouldn't I? If you've chosen a school for your children, you're likely to be happy with it, so I'm not sure opinions obtained in this way have much value. All the grammars (and many of the uppers) will teach your children pretty well, so it comes down to questions of convenience, and whether you and your child like the atmosphere of an individual school.
dansaki

Post by dansaki »

We intend to move into the county in summer and DS took and passed the 11+ exam hoping to get into AGS at present based on distance reported he is yet to be allocated. What options do we have?
Lillie

Post by Lillie »

Thank you very much help. Have always found this a positive forum.
Lillie

Post by Lillie »

Would anyone happen to know if Oxfordshire post an similar allocation profile for their secondary schools? Have looked on their website and can't seem to find it. Many thanks.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

dansaki wrote:We intend to move into the county in summer and DS took and passed the 11+ exam hoping to get into AGS at present based on distance reported he is yet to be allocated. What options do we have?
You should accept the school place you have been offered because if you don't, you risk being left without a place at all.

You should then put your son on the waiting list for AGS and apply for an appeal.
dansaki

Post by dansaki »

Thank you as always for your prompt response. Please can you advice when I can get him on the list? One would have thought since it was his first choice on his preference list this would be automatic?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

dansaki wrote:Please can you advice when I can get him on the list? One would have thought since it was his first choice on his preference list this would be automatic?
It is not done automatically. When you receive the postal letter there will be a form to accept the school place, plus a section on it where you can express any preferences for school waiting lists. (I am assuming that the system is the same in your county as it is in Bucks, but your letter will clarify that.)
dansaki

Post by dansaki »

We only received a letter stating he has been allocated Chesham High ( thats Chesham Grammar, right?). No acceptance form accompanying it
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

dansaki wrote:We only received a letter stating he has been allocated Chesham High ( thats Chesham Grammar, right?). No acceptance form accompanying it
Yes, that is Chesham Grammar. As it has only been 18 months since the name changes, it is obviously wholly unreasonable for us to expect other LAs to have noticed that. :roll:

Which Local Authority are you in please?