Congestion around SWB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wodev

Congestion around SWB

Post by wodev »

Hi,

I had the "pleasure" of driving into Marlow last week at school drop-off time, and it was chaos. My DD has SWB down as first choice and so I have the potential prospect of sitting in that every day for 8 years. (Bring on March 1st !!!)

How do others at SWB cope? How is that train from Bourne End and is that walk from the station across town OK? Or are there some designated drop-off points in and around SWB? A SWB park and ride? :-)

Thanks for any info - off to play in the snow!
Guest55

Re: Congestion around SWB

Post by Guest55 »

Use the school transport ... if all parents drive their children to the school then that will be 1000 cars!
wodev

Post by wodev »

We are currently OOC - no school transport :-( So it might not be an issue come March 1...

But I agree, buses should be the way.

Guest55 wrote:Use the school transport ... if all parents drive their children to the school then that will be 1000 cars!
wodev

Post by wodev »

Doing a bit more research, I have found the 905 bus service that rattles between Maidenhead and Marlow. Can someone tell me how much this costs and where the stops are?

Thanks again - this is an awesome forum
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

IF my son qualifies (he takes the exam tomorrow - nail biting smilie) and IF we are able to get Bucks CC to let us in on appeal for a place, we are within 500 yards of the school so will not be adding to the congestion.

If we don't get in, there is a spare bedroom for the clever and deserving child that DID qualify to attend!
sedbergh15

Post by sedbergh15 »

faitaccompli - any success?
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

We did qualify for a grammar school place in bucks (hooray!)
We did not get allocated any schools at all on March 1st as we are out of area (boo)
We are moving on 10th March to Marlow (hooray!)
Have asked to be put on the waiting list and have requested appeal info and have fingers crossed for 20th April second round allocations!
Thank you for asking :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now