Allocations : round two

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
roo007

Re: Allocations : round two

Post by roo007 »

Sally-Anne,

Do you think AGS will go all offered in subsequent allocation rounds.It has moved a bit but annoyingly not enough to deliver our DS a place yet.We are OoC.Thanks.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I am afraid I am not optimistic for you, roo. Most movement in the allocations tends to take place after the first round, mainly through people accepting offers at private schools.

How far away are you from the school?
roo007

Post by roo007 »

We are just over 20 miles.I gather BCC will write to us this week to tell us where we are on the waiting list and the next allocation round is 18 May.We have also got date for appeal so are covering all bases.
MrsH173015

Post by MrsH173015 »

Re: DCGS

Can someone explain this one to me? So only additional siblings in catchment to 5.9 miles got in on this round? Wouldn't they have been already within the catchment to 6.0 miles that was offered on 1st March? :?
andyb

Post by andyb »

MrsH173015 wrote:Re: DCGS

Can someone explain this one to me? So only additional siblings in catchment to 5.9 miles got in on this round? Wouldn't they have been already within the catchment to 6.0 miles that was offered on 1st March? :?
Assuming their CAF reached BCC before the cut-off date, otherwise they would go to the back of the queue and have to wait until the second allocation round.
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

Wow, BGS has gone up to 14.299 miles! We live 14.212 miles away.

:shock:

We are now in a weird state of disbelief and shock and happiness. I need to receive that letter!!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

MrsH173015 wrote:Can someone explain this one to me? So only additional siblings in catchment to 5.9 miles got in on this round? Wouldn't they have been already within the catchment to 6.0 miles that was offered on 1st March? :?
If you read my last post on the thread I linked to about Liloo, you will see that andy's explanation is right - the CAF was submitted late, so Liloo was put on naughty step until the second round, but it appears that she now has a place for her (sibling) son.
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

Sally-Anne wrote:Link here: http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... _Final.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SWB's allocation is interesting - I was bemused by it at first.
Additional offers made to some catchment applicants to a distance of 0.391 miles
Then I realised it was you, faitaccompli!!! One place only ... all yours. :D
Wow - was there only one new allocation at SWB? If so, I am even more grateful!!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

faitaccompli wrote:Wow - was there only one new allocation at SWB? If so, I am even more grateful!!!
Yes, I am absolutely sure it is just the one place. The same goes for Liloo at Challoners.

It looks like it might be good news for SUpple as well ... fingers crossed for Monday's post!
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

Thanks Sally-Anne. Fingers and everything crossed, however Bucks council told us our distance (14.212 miles). So, fingers crossed, touch wood, and all that, we should be receiving good news....right?? :?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now