Tranport - Maidenhead to JHGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Grapes

Tranport - Maidenhead to JHGS

Post by Grapes »

Hi,
Can someone help with the transport from Maidenhead to JHGS, we applied for two buses which run however there is a waiting list for both of them and it looks unlikely that DS will get into them, are there any other alternatives ?

Thanks,
wodev

Re: Tranport - Maidenhead to JHGS

Post by wodev »

Hi,

Can't help with the JH bus, but I am curious where you applied for the bus - we are in a similar situation with SWB. Does anyone know of any bus that runs form Maidenhead to SWB, what the route is, where the stops are etc? And how to get on any list?

Thanks for any info (and good luck!)

Grapes wrote:Hi,
Can someone help with the transport from Maidenhead to JHGS, we applied for two buses which run however there is a waiting list for both of them and it looks unlikely that DS will get into them, are there any other alternatives ?

Thanks,
andyb

Post by andyb »

If you phone BCC Admissions and Transport (it's a press 1 for..., press 2 for..., so listen carefully - I had to ring off and start again :oops: ) tell them which school you need to get to and where from. They will tell you which routes they run and ask you where you want DS to get on. They take name, address, dob and then tell you to wait until August :shock:. We could temporarily be in the position of DS1 going on the bus and us having to drive DS2 to the same school until DS2 gets to the top of the waiting list as there is no preference for siblings :roll:
Grapes

Post by Grapes »

Regarding buses to JHGS these look like being run by parent groups only so have been in touch with them to arrange a place.
I have now managed to secure place for my son on one of the service. ( thanks to LALady for giving me the contact of third bus service )

For SWB I suppose you need to ask here or get in touch with parents of children already studying there, and do it quickly !

wodev wrote:Hi,

Can't help with the JH bus, but I am curious where you applied for the bus - we are in a similar situation with SWB. Does anyone know of any bus that runs form Maidenhead to SWB, what the route is, where the stops are etc? And how to get on any list?

Thanks for any info (and good luck!)

LALady

Post by LALady »

No problem - pleased you have the coach sorted :) .

If anyone needs details for a parent organised coach going to JH and Wycombe High from the Maidenhead area, please do message me.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now