Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:14 am 

:D I have just received spring term sats results for my son who is in yr 5. He score 5c reading, 5b maths and 4b writing. He made a jump from 3a in the writing. Do you think there a chance to get another big jump by the end of the summer? Does he need to be all 5s prior to sitting the 11+ ready for appeal? How can I help him with his writing?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:19 am 

Keep on encouraging him - IF you need to appeal then they will look for KS2 test predictions. Was this level based on a test or on a portfolio of writing?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:08 pm 

Anything is possible my DD started Year 6 at level 4c in maths, she was a bit disappointed with the group she had been put in and said she felt she should have been higher. I mentioned this in passing at the first parents evening and she was moved up a group a couple of weeks later.

She took a mock maths SATs paper just before Easter and got a 5a her teacher said he has never known a pupil to make such progress. She has had no tutoring, something just seems to have clicked and the more she achieves the more she seems to enjoy it.