Advice please! Progress in sats

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sbates

Advice please! Progress in sats

Post by sbates »

:D I have just received spring term sats results for my son who is in yr 5. He score 5c reading, 5b maths and 4b writing. He made a jump from 3a in the writing. Do you think there a chance to get another big jump by the end of the summer? Does he need to be all 5s prior to sitting the 11+ ready for appeal? How can I help him with his writing?
Guest55

Re: Advice please! Progress in sats

Post by Guest55 »

Keep on encouraging him - IF you need to appeal then they will look for KS2 test predictions. Was this level based on a test or on a portfolio of writing?
Morning Glory

Re: Advice please! Progress in sats

Post by Morning Glory »

Anything is possible my DD started Year 6 at level 4c in maths, she was a bit disappointed with the group she had been put in and said she felt she should have been higher. I mentioned this in passing at the first parents evening and she was moved up a group a couple of weeks later.

She took a mock maths SATs paper just before Easter and got a 5a her teacher said he has never known a pupil to make such progress. She has had no tutoring, something just seems to have clicked and the more she achieves the more she seems to enjoy it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now