Tuition centres vs 1-2-1

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
GOOGIE

Tuition centres vs 1-2-1

Post by GOOGIE »

Hello all,
have been trying to research tuition possibilities since we last spoke before final decisions on DIY or not. We have been to a centre - extortionate but appears successful. However, so much of the work is home based anyway - and reliant on the child's self-disipline to do it daily I am unsure what we are paying for! We have probed the owner - and to be fair its a thin line between confidence & arrogance.

One other point is that we were 'advised' very strongly to sit for Berks as well as Bucks (obviously more money in terms of equired subjects taught), but as very few of these places do just VR anyway - it may not be a bad option - but I can't help thinking this dilutes the main aim of Bucks, whilst I appreciate the other subjects obviously improve overall learning anyway. AAAARGH!!

I suppose my biggest fear as any parent at this stage is making the wrong choice - wondering 'if' only I had done it the other way (if she doesn't pass). Anyone with first-hand experience of tuition centres please let me know what you think. Many thanks, Googie
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now