Uniform advice needed - Beaconsfield High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jules7

Re: Uniform advice needed - Beaconsfield High School

Post by Jules7 »

Echo everything Booklady suggests re BHS uniform advice as my DD is also in Y7.

If you are thinking about using the second hand shop on site at the school, get in earlier rather than later. We picked up a few items but probably left it too late.

We have 3 blouses and that seems to be enough. You can turn them around quickly - I have found if I pull a blouse out of the wash and immediately hang it on a hanger to dry, you can avoid the need to iron. Bonus.

We bought one of the rucksacks but almost immediately returned it as it was bulky and actually not that suitable for carrying A4 sizes items in it (they have alot of these).

I buy the size small opague tights from the adult section in M&S for my DD (she finds wooly ones itchy).

Oh and you def don't need to buy the science apron. Will need the food tech one though.

I have to say that the BHS uniform does look good and think my DD and her pals (including Booklady's DD) look great in it.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Yes - we never iron the blouses! Straight out of the tumble dryer they don't need it - nor does the skirt come to that!! And they all look very smart!

We also do small ladies opaque charcoal tights from M&S - seem to work well (and my DD is quite small for her age).

Deffo get the the second hand shop early though - I think its open Friday lunchtimes - I took my DD out of school for a lunchtime to run up there and dropped her back to school after. You will need her to try stuff on if you intend looking at blazers etc.

Good luck!!
Kiwimum

Post by Kiwimum »

Thanks Booklady and Jules7, very helpful, especially the bit about not ironing the blouses!
I'm looking forward to the uniform fitting now I have a clearer idea about it all, I think dd will be really excited to be getting her new uniform.
From another thread on here I read you are both pleased with BHS which is great to hear, very reassuring at this point when there is only a few months to go.