12+ allocation letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Re: 12+ allocation letters

Post by Sally-Anne »

KT36 wrote:I'm guessing that we will receive the appeal pack info with the formal letter (whenever that comes).
It will give details about how to apply for an appeal, yes. Off the top of my head I can't remember if it includes the actual application form for an appeal.
Are there any statistics about success at oversubscription appeal for year 8 entry?
The last time I saw any statistics it was around 40%, so not bad! However I suspect that there are relatively few appeals, so statistics may mean very little.
Also, will we know what number he is on the waiting list etc?
Another waiting game, I am afraid - you will be told in June.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

anotherdad wrote:What is "rule 6" as quoted on the AHS profile? And the wording is ambiguous. Is is rule 2 (catchment) AND rule 6 to a distance of 17 miles OR is is some catchment (unspecified radius) and rule 6 (to a distance of 17 miles)?
Rule 6 is "everyone else".

Taking the Allocation Profile from the top:
Applicants offered under rule 2 (4) (catchment siblings) and some allocated
under rule 2 (catchment) and some allocated under rule 6 to 17.38 miles
- All siblings who live in catchment got places.
- All girls living in catchment got places.
- Some girls living out of catchment, up to a distance of 17.38 miles, got places.

The word "some" is used to disguise the actual numbers in order to comply with Data Protection. Just a bit of an anachronism, really, but confusing at first sight.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Our letters have arrived today (which shows how unfair the system of posting allocations is, because others are waiting or having to deduce based upon the BCC page).
I'm pleased that my daughter has been offered a place at AHS but I'm disappointed for the many who have missed out, especially KT36 whose case I have watched with interest. It is very unfair that children who have proved their suitability for a GS education miss out when I am sure there are many in GSs who are not best served in one.
Very best wishes to KT36 and others. I hope the appeals system gives you all the rightful outcome.
KT36

Post by KT36 »

I'm really pleased for you anotherdad.. I truly hope your DD enjoys her time at GS. :)

Harsh fact.. if my DS was a DD, he would likely have gotten a place at the local girls GS judging by the allocation profile...
pop

Post by pop »

Hi my daughters letter did arrive in an a later than normal post, she has been offered her 3rd choice school, but can anyone help me re waiting lists, if we accept a place at that school, are we able to put her name of the waiting list for her 1st choice school as well? Looking at the mileage for BHS we only appear to be half a mile further away than the mileage stated for those that won a place this year, and wondered as to whether it was worth taking the risk.....
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Congratulations, anotherdad! :D
pop wrote:re waiting lists, if we accept a place at that school, are we able to put her name of the waiting list for her 1st choice school as well?
Yes, you can ask to be put on the waiting list for both of your higher preferences, and you can appeal for either or both of them.
pop

Post by pop »

Thank you for your help, we will sit down and discuss everything this evening.
Lisa01

Post by Lisa01 »

Sally-Anne wrote:
anotherdad wrote:What is "rule 6" as quoted on the AHS profile? And the wording is ambiguous. Is is rule 2 (catchment) AND rule 6 to a distance of 17 miles OR is is some catchment (unspecified radius) and rule 6 (to a distance of 17 miles)?
Rule 6 is "everyone else".

Taking the Allocation Profile from the top:
Applicants offered under rule 2 (4) (catchment siblings) and some allocated
under rule 2 (catchment) and some allocated under rule 6 to 17.38 miles
- All siblings who live in catchment got places.
- All girls living in catchment got places.
- Some girls living out of catchment, up to a distance of 17.38 miles, got places.

The word "some" is used to disguise the actual numbers in order to comply with Data Protection. Just a bit of an anachronism, really, but confusing at first sight.
Did anyone over 17.38 milles get any places?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

No, that was the final distance for this round of allcoations. I wouldn't really expect it to change after this.

I hope that isn't disappointing for you?
KT36

Post by KT36 »

we are 99.9% certain that DS hasn't been allocated a place at any GS... but frustrating that we still haven't received the letter. Is there a deadline by which you need to appeal etc? :( :( :( :(

a very frustrated KT :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now