12+ Reason for not allocating place

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
AB13

12+ Reason for not allocating place

Post by AB13 »

Hi there,

I don't know if anyone could answer the couple of questions I have...

My child was not given a place at any of our prefered grammar schools.

1- the order of the schools in the allocation letter was different from my order when I registered my child. I had changed the order within the time limit but BCC took in consideration my first list. Does it matter since there are no places available in either schools?

2-"no places available": does that mean that the BCC has allocated places in thoses schools and there are no places left? or does that mean that there were no places available to start with?

Many thanks!
Sally-Anne

Re: 12+ Reason for not allocating place

Post by Sally-Anne »

AB13 wrote:1- the order of the schools in the allocation letter was different from my order when I registered my child. I had changed the order within the time limit but BCC took in consideration my first list. Does it matter since there are no places available in either schools?
No, it doesn't matter now. You can re-state your (new) order of preferences if you want to go on the waiting list for both schools.
2-"no places available": does that mean that the BCC has allocated places in thoses schools and there are no places left? or does that mean that there were no places available to start with?
There were no places available to start with - the year group was full.
AB13

Post by AB13 »

Hi Sally-Ann,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. :D

I am planning to appeal for the two schools. The first one because we think our child would thrive there and the other one as a back up.

I have read the "appeals" section for oversubscribed schools, it's great, but I am wondering if it also applies to 12+ appeals?

Many thanks!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Yes, everything you have read there applies equally to 12+ appeals.
AB13

Post by AB13 »

Brilliant! Thanks Sally-Anne!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now