We are relocating from Edinburgh to London due to change in job circumstances.Our elder one is just completing her primary 5. We would like to target Grammar School for her secondary education meaning she needs to sit in the entrance exams this year (in October).
We are thinking of relocating to Bucks for reasons:
1) There are good grammar schools
2) Good areas to live in
3) VR test only means less pressure for our daughter
We know we bit behind the curve but from last week we have started preparing her. She is taking IPS tests and seems to be struggling with the usual hard bit of VR. For Next stage we are targeting Tutors and then NFR/GL. We have scanned few threads on these topics which have been very helpful:
Moving from Scotland to Bucks:viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25567
The schools we would like to target are Dr Challoners High, Beaconsfield and Wycombe High. This means we would be hunting for a 3 bed place around areas Chalfont, Gerrard Cross or possibly Holmer Green. The challenges are rents in these areas are high and I need to travel to central London (Liverpool Street).
Would be grateful if fellow members can help us with following info:
1) Recommendations for good primaries or feeders for these grammar schools?
2) Also could someone please shed light on Upper schools, what are these and how are these different from the above Grammar schools?
3) Our accommodation search will be driven by the fact that how close it is to primary school. It has to be walking distance. So any guidance on the residential areas would be a big help.
4) Are admissions in above schools driven from the catchment area or one can fill in their preferences and then relocate based on the exam results
5) Out these locations which would offer an easier commute to central London?